Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 Engine - Lid Clearance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PCA7GGR
Will the stock 3.6 intake clear a closed stock engine lid with cross brace?

“Asking for a friend.”

Actually I need to know so that I can make a GT lid with a lightened cross brace or one with the brace removed for a 914 with a 3.6. Thanks

Sergio
The GT engine lid whisperer
SirAndy
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Feb 12 2021, 08:26 AM) *

Will the stock 3.6 intake clear a closed stock engine lid with cross brace?

“Asking for a friend.”

Actually I need to know so that I can make a GT lid with a lightened cross brace or one with the brace removed for a 914 with a 3.6. Thanks

Sergio
The GT engine lid whisperer

I have a GT lid on mine and that fits just fine. biggrin.gif

I'd say a stock lid without the rain tray should work. I did remove some plastic from the throttle body crosspiece that connects the two intakes so i could rotate the TB downward a bit and added a custom elbow for the air filter to get it all fit in there snug.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ClayPerrine
I was able to fit the 3.6 intake under the stock lid, so the GT lid should work fine.

Clay
SirAndy
As you can see from my pics above that small rubber elbow is the highest point on my engine setup and that is the only piece i'd be worried about hitting the engine lid.

I think i actually cut a section of the cross brace from my GT lid but i'm not sure that was really needed.
idea.gif

PS: I can go down to the garage later and take some pics and measurements
PCA7GGR
Thanks you gentlemen.
roblav1
After rotating the intake on my early 993 build, the stock engine lid fit fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.