Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Fenders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
mepstein
Wow!
Mark Henry
I imagine RD will offer these soon, you likely beat Pete to the punch.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 12 2021, 08:50 AM) *

I imagine RD will offer these soon, you likely beat Pete to the punch.

@peteyd

914werke
Instagram ~ Really?
cary
Wow ...............
peteyd
Dansk let us know that they are going to produce these. So when they come available to the market we will probably purchase a set or 2 and evaluate the quality.

Is there really that much interest in these? I doubt that they will be cheap

Pete
Superhawk996
QUOTE(peteyd @ Feb 12 2021, 12:34 PM) *

Pete

I can only speak for myself but when the time comes to remove my fiberglass flares and move to metal, it sure would be nice to have new fenders available to support that work.

To me, new new metal is usually more desirable than donor sheetmetal. No need to mess with cutting spot welds. Fixing surface rust on donor panels is always a PITA. Prepping old donor sheet metal is just a time suck.

Having fenders made from modern Galvaneal would be a HUGE plus for longevity and underlying corrosion resistance.

Now how many you can sell in a year . . . .good question. I totally sympathize with the complexities of the business case and the high cost of tooling to do these well. If Dansk panels aren't done to a high standard, they too will take excessive prep work.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 12 2021, 10:11 AM) *

Instagram ~ Really?

posted on Facebook,, Porsche 914 group..
Ace Le Count
YES!!!!
Mark Henry
I can see the need for accident repairs, etc, but I agree with Pete, I can't see the numbers justifying the tooling cost.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 12 2021, 09:11 AM) *

Instagram ~ Really?

Probably either that or MySpace.

I should get both sides for my 914. Fluggen every panel needs work. rolleyes.gif
Ace Le Count
Are they steel? Are they the same weight, metal thickness, weld count, etc as the original? They look great
Aerostatwv
If you do start producing them, you should make them with the flares already attached. I put factory rear quarters on mine years ago when they were still available from Porsche. I just don't have the heart to cut into them for flares...
Chris914n6
I actually have 2 cars with replaced pass front fenders. One is just the fender, the other was a quarter cut. Both done before I owned them and in the 70s-80s. I also inspected a car that had a bunch of bondo on the ft pass.

I'm guessing it's more a European need thing as they don't have 100,000 donors and more rusting.
horizontally-opposed
Wonder about demand for these also.

I'd be more interested in the last few inches of each side where it joins the A-pillar and cowl for "easy" patching. The passenger-side "Bermuda Triangle" is going to need a third look on my car eventually. barf.gif

Now having seen the back of a NOS fender, I can see why. New/galvanized metal for just that area—while leaving the rest of the original fender on the car as fitted by Karmann—would be more attractive to me…at least from my limited knowledge around body repairs.
Ace Le Count
This would be great for restoring a slant nose car
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these have been needed for a long time, the rear quarter panels as well. Will allow a high quality restoration and save a bunch of time rather than hours of patching and body work. Also as previously stated, a great way to do a proper gt conversion to a ragged 914. Our flares will match up perfectly to the new metal. I purposely put off restoring our last six until Dansk came out with these.
Luke M
QUOTE(peteyd @ Feb 12 2021, 10:34 AM) *

Dansk let us know that they are going to produce these. So when they come available to the market we will probably purchase a set or 2 and evaluate the quality.

Pete

Get them ASAP... I need a right front like now to finish my repair. Would hate to put a used one on then these come out the next week. If they are as good as the factory fenders I see no problem in using them. Heck I'd be in for a set plus an extra right.
Keep us posted Pete.
sixnotfour
Ill trade a NOS right front for a NOS right rear
rick 918-S
Those will sell. I have purchased 4 NOS fenders all were way over the pain threshold. But when you need them, you need them.
Luke M
I sent Dansk a message on when these new fenders would be available. I'm told that it'll be this April or May. Not sure if I can wait that long to get my car back together. I guess I can work around that for now. Sixnotfour pm me on that NOS fender.
rick 918-S
Anyone heard about a price point? A 1964-66 Mustang reproduction fender is like $ 130.00
mepstein
A 911 front fender is $1,500
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 17 2021, 07:07 PM) *

A 911 front fender is $1,500

Complex part. Actually so is the Mustang. Multiple stampings jig welded together. It will be interesting to see.
Luke M
I sent Dansk a message about the cost. I'll post here when I hear back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.