Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something to think about...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ace Le Count
https://barnfinds.com/lake-lucerne-discover...-porsche-pre-a/

Something to think about over a beer
jd74914
Not surprised a 356 would be recovered from Lake Lucerne, lots of wealth in that area.

Beautiful area-my wife and I have hiked all over the Americas and Europe and Switzerland-particularly between Interlaken and Lucerne-remains our favorite destination ever. drooley.gif
bretth
Soon to be found on Beverly hills car club for 1million $ "Easy restore".
Ace Le Count
QUOTE(bretth @ Feb 12 2021, 02:29 PM) *

Hahaha! "A well-priced example and an excellent candidate for a full restoration" seriously though, is BHCC really that bad? I keep getting emails for "mechanically sound" 912s for under 30k. Or projects for under 20k. Is BHCC a scam?
brcacti
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Feb 12 2021, 11:06 AM) *

Reminds me when I scuba dived a small lake, used to go down and sit in a car at the bottom, can't remember what brand of car.
bkrantz
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Feb 12 2021, 12:47 PM) *

Hahaha! "A well-priced example and an excellent candidate for a full restoration" seriously though, is BHCC really that bad? I keep getting emails for "mechanically sound" 912s for under 30k. Or projects for under 20k. Is BHCC a scam?

Maybe not a scam, but prices on some of their "project" cars range from optimistic to delusional.
mb911
Its funny the police called me a few years ago as they found a 356 in a local retention pond in similar shape and asked me to identify it. I believe it was trashed and went to scrap.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Feb 12 2021, 01:47 PM) *

In my opinion they are that bad. They do not disclose known and obvious problems. Helping a member who bought a 914 and it h not pressure plate or clutch disc and a siezed engine with bend hydraulic push rods aling with lots of other missing parts.
Unless you could inspect it in person or have a PPI done I would stay clear of them. Never seen what I would consider a bargain from them.
davep
I stayed in Luzern for a week once while getting some training. Great area. But the car is an interesting issue. Considering what was left of it. I wonder if is was part of a contest to see when the car would sink through the ice in the spring? We used to see that regularly on a pond just down the road from us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.