Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something a Little Different
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Detroit
Knowing how service records are such a significant variable in the valuation of old Ferraris, and knowing that I’d be doing all the servicing myself, when I bought my 308 I also bought a nice leather bound journal with which I could keep track of any and all maintenance and modifications I performed. It's not the same perhaps as a stack of paperwork from a dealer, but in my eyes it goes a long way to describing the care the car has been given. And it’s all laid out for you chronologically in a nice little book. It’s got notes for track tire pressures, design sketches, specs for this that or the other... It’s evolving into a nice little history book of my stewardship.
Anyway, I’ve been meeting to pick up something similar for the 914, and now that I’m about to tackle the rebuild of the 911SC motor that I plan to stuff into it, I picked up this nice little goodie from Shinola of DEEtroit. Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
agree.gif

Really like the embossed 914 down in the corner.

Great minds think alike. Although I do it for my own sanity. I developed the habit back in the early 90's just to keep myself from solving the same carburation and ignition problems over and over again from scratch. One of my goober co-workers couldn't resist putting the VW logo on it back in the day when left it on my desk long ago! laugh.gif

Shinola notebook is a whole lot nicer than Federal Surplus stuff I started with years and years ago. Lately they go in a Moleskine.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.