Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS Dashpad Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Hello All,
I responded to the OP's thread in the classified, but moved it to the garage so that more people would see it. Thank you @gcrotvik for your response...very helpful!
Before it was posted in the classifieds here, I had seen it myself on CL and reached out to the seller requesting additional photos. Below is one of the photos he sent me that I marked up. There is a "dimple" on the driver side of the dashpad, next to the flat angled area where the A pillar trim is located. I have looked at a friend's NOS dashpad(also never installed) and my own dashpad and I don't see the dimple on either of ours. I circled the dimple in the last photo. Does anyone else have this dimple on their dashpad or could comment on it?
Thanks!
Click to view attachment
Where A pillar trim cuts across the dashpad
Click to view attachment
The "dimple"
Click to view attachment
mepstein
It's damaged. Might come back with a heat gun.

I have 4 very nice dash pads and probably seen a dozen more from cars I've parted and none had the dimple.
Mikey914
Yes looks like it has a little bump there. You can try a heat gun but it’s probably the foam underneath it that was crushed, so results may be minimal.
Jett
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 13 2021, 05:41 PM) *

Yes looks like it has a little bump there. You can try a heat gun but it’s probably the foam underneath it that was crushed, so results may be minimal.

maybe steam?
Mikey914
Problem is that the foam - once the “bubbles “ are popped they have a hard time maintaining the original shape.
It may have some affect, I would be surprised if it was much, but hey worth a shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.