Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross country shipping questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeKopf
My initial foray into research has only discouraged me. Cost of shipping a roller in a closed transport, from CA to NJ is ~ $3,000. That's usually more than the car is worth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

George
mepstein
That's pretty much the going rate for closed transport. An open transport from a reputable company will be closer to 2k and Uship (the wild west of shipping) will be more like $1,500.

Rollers always cost more than running cars due to the extra work to move them around.

I pay what it cost to ship from CA to the east coast because I save many thousand in rust repair over an east coast car.

welcome.png
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 14 2021, 03:44 PM) *

That's pretty much the going rate for closed transport. An open transport from a reputable company will be closer to 2k and Uship (the wild west of shipping) will be more like $1,500.

Rollers always cost more than running cars due to the extra work to move them around.

I pay what it cost to ship from CA to the east coast because I save many thousand in rust repair over an east coast car.

welcome.png

agree.gif
Shivers
I heard about a wrap they are using temporarily for open transport.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZOVcdK0QNQ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.