Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator shield?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
I had this piece marked as alternator, but I am not sure where it goes or what purpose it serves.

Click to view attachment

It seems to fit well here, but not sure

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This part is not shown in my repair manual or the PET
Any help is much appreciated
GregAmy
You are correct.
Morph914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Feb 14 2021, 04:06 PM) *

You are correct.

Thank you!
914werke
but you must have the accompanying cover. There are two types with two different (plastic) sealing rings
Morph914
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 14 2021, 05:44 PM) *

but you must have the accompanying cover. There are two types with two different (plastic) sealing rings

Perhaps someone out there has a picture of what else I need, so I can get this alternator installed.

Thank you,
John
bdstone914
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Feb 14 2021, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 14 2021, 05:44 PM) *

Perhaps someone out there has a picture of what else I need, so I can get this alternator installed.

Thank you,
John

@Morph914
I can post a picture later but I have several of the tins you need. What is the diameter of the plastic ring? The tin must match the ring.
TheCabinetmaker
I think he's referring to the two plastic oblong covers for the adjustment slots. One in front of the alternator, and one on top of the engine tin.
914werke
LINK
Morph914
I have the plastic adjustment window covers, and the tin, I was just not sure how it all fit together because I did not take it apart.
Here is the tin piece. Which side of the tin does the plastic ring go on?

Click to view attachment

914werke
On the inside with the flared side out. Just like youve picture it above. The cover will hold it in place once screwed/bolted together
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.