Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aaaand, another weird question Re. Heat Lever and AMCO Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
Hi Gentlemen!

Wondering if anyone can tell me what the solutions for the heat lever have been in the past for the AMCO after market center console. idea.gif

Thanks! beerchug.gif

Mike in Munich
Shivers
From the pics I've seen, it goes at the bottom of the vertical piece on the right.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Shivers @ Feb 15 2021, 07:37 AM) *

From the pics I've seen, it goes at the bottom of the vertical piece on the right.

idea.gif Hmmmm.

Anyone have a photo?
Tom_T
Mike,

There were 2 types of floor heater levers for the 914 - one type for use with the factory option console that has a bent-offset in the lever, & the other was the straight arm stock/no-console lever.

As I recall from `76-77-ish when a friend who added the AMCO aftermarket console to her 72 914/4, the dealer had to order the optional factory console type bent-offset lever to fit, plus they may have done some other kluge adaptions as well (maybe).

So I'd suggest trying that lever, or visa versa if you're already trying the bent type.

AMCO did design their 914 & other Porsche accessories specifically to fit the vehicle for which they were designed - so I would think that is would fit with either the straight or bent lever version.

IIRC - AMCO had pretty good instructions with all their accessories back in the day, when such was common. There may be someone who has a copy for the center console.

Try googling &/or checking with Jeff Bowlsby & some of the other old hands if they have a copy of the instructions, &/or can advise on how they were installed back in the day.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
MikeInMunich
Thanks Tom!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.