Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 5-speed transaxle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
swerve
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
rhodyguy
I think you're overly optimistic on your pricing.
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2021, 01:55 PM) *

I think you're overly optimistic on your pricing.

euro911
laugh.gif
swerve
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 15 2021, 03:41 PM) *

laugh.gif

but off course i am, let me know where i can ship it for free.
meanwhile, some guy out there is stuffing a vw part in their 914.
whatever
swerve
would the moderator please remove this post.
thank you.
euro911
What happened to the rear nose cone mounting wings?

Those mounts aren't for any 914 I've seen confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Bucci
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 15 2021, 01:40 PM) *

laugh.gif

whatever

“Swerve”

What reputable Porsche transmission shop opened up the transmission, checked out all the gears, synchros and shift forks and said it was good to go. I’m sure they added oil and did a bench test run..! lol-2.gif
By the way the price to replace all the bearings on a 901 transmission is now $2500 at least..!

I may be old but I’m not that stupid..!
swerve
QUOTE(Bucci @ Feb 16 2021, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 15 2021, 01:40 PM) *

laugh.gif

whatever

“Swerve”

What reputable Porsche transmission shop opened up the transmission, checked out all the gears, synchros and shift forks and said it was good to go. I’m sure they added oil and did a bench test run..! lol-2.gif
By the way the price to replace all the bearings on a 901 transmission is now $2500 at least..!

I may be old but I’m not that stupid..!

beg to differ to the above, (and my ebay status states i have not ripped anyone off yet)
tranny was checked out by my local tech and you sir are no expert. i stated i did not want to bolt it together as to give the new owner a chance to verify the condition so yes, let me pay for all the checks to then tear it apart to sell it at the discount to satisfy your ego- keep on banging on that keyboard, genius
swerve
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 15 2021, 04:42 PM) *

thank you.

please close, part no longer available
mepstein
screwy.gif
swerve
just what i expected from keyboard experts, with their bastardized cars and bastardized views. go sheeplove.gif
Puebloswatcop
So I checked this guy on ebay.
In the last year it shows he sold 4 items. The first 3 had a total value of $22.00,
His last sale was originally posted for

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SELLER , AAA+++++
Alfa Romeo Montreal V8 Engine for Restoration or Tipo 33 Stradale Replica (#274463755968)
Buyer: a***c (573)
US $12,500.00 (Best offer was accepted)
Past 6 months

Everything else was him buying. Even if he is a reputable seller on ebay, he is overly optimistic on the price and he has it posted on ebay for $1700

The way he acts and talks in here shows he believes we are fools and he has no respect
swerve
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Feb 16 2021, 03:26 PM) *

In the last year it shows he sold 4 items. The first 3 had a total value of $22.00,

Alfa Romeo Montreal V8 Engine for Restoration or Tipo 33 Stradale Replica (#274463755968)
Past 6 months

Everything else was him buying. Even if he is a reputable seller on ebay, he is overly optimistic on the price and he has it posted on ebay for $1700

The way he acts and talks in here shows he believes we are fools and he has no respect

nope, i only responded in kind to folks who denigrated my post. the price i asked for was based on other ones i saw, i did not 'jump' all over anyone stating otherwise (i lowered the price on ebay after comments here so no, i don't take you for fools but if you feel that way then so be it). you get respect when you show it. i have 7 cars and yes, i know what condition stuff is in so frankly if nobody needs the tranny, farewell sunshine..
as far as i am concerned i thought that someone may need an original part instead of 'bastardizing' their cars
swerve
[quote name='swerve' post='2891885' date='Feb 16 2021, 03:42 PM']
[quote name='Puebloswatcop' post='2891876' date='Feb 16 2021, 03:26 PM']

Past 6 months

[/quote]

please do me a favor and complain to the moderator so my profile can be removed, there is no point of dealing with this bs
mepstein
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 03:03 PM) *

just what i expected from keyboard experts, with their bastardized cars and bastardized views. go sheeplove.gif

Highly bastardized to be precise. poke.gif
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 12:45 PM) *

please do me a favor and complain to the moderator so my profile can be removed, there is no point of dealing with this bs

Or you can just go away and not come back, nobody will notice or care that you have a zero posts made account sitting idyll here. I have 6 of these transmissions sitting in my garage that doesn't mean I'm rich. Unless you can provide documented proof that it was gone through and rebuilt then it's just a core and worth about the same as mine 200-300 bucks tops. Or should we just trust you that the work has been done since you seem like such a great guy and all?
swerve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 16 2021, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 03:03 PM) *

Highly bastardized to be precise. poke.gif

exactly, so wtf do you care about original part that i tried to make available for someone that may be looking for one?
swerve
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Feb 16 2021, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 12:45 PM) *

Or you can just go away and not come back, nobody will notice or care that you have a zero posts made account sitting idyll here. I have 6 of these transmissions sitting in my garage that doesn't mean I'm rich. Unless you can provide documented proof that it was gone through and rebuilt then it's just a core and worth about the same as mine 200-300 bucks tops. Or should we just trust you that the work has been done since you seem like such a great guy and all?

10-4, this info would be great up front
mepstein
Does anyone know what car his "original" trans fits?
I've never seen this mount on a Porsche trans. VW maybe?
swerve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 16 2021, 04:23 PM) *

not all components of the nose cone are bolted up as i stated in the ebay description (now removed), tranny came out of a 1971 914 for sure, i saw it happen, if it was 'bastardized' before i would not know but it is a possibility, i don't own vw products hence i do not know.
whats the point of wasting time on this anyway?
drop it, let the moderator delete the post and you can continue to shop for these at the $300 price point
mepstein
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 04:31 PM) *

not all components of the nose cone are bolted up as i stated in the ebay description (now removed), tranny came out of a 1971 914 for sure, i saw it happen, if it was 'bastardized' before i would not know but it is a possibility, i don't own vw products hence i do not know.
drop it, let the moderator delete the post and you can continue to shop for these at the $300 price point

I have 3 early 914 trans that I would be happy to sell for 300 each.
swerve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 16 2021, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 04:31 PM) *

I have 3 early 914 trans that I would be happy to sell for 300 each.

get to it and good luck!
swerve
the tech that looked through it said something about 'side shift' but thats the extent, or lack of, expertese in this subject, not that it matters now.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 16 2021, 11:13 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Looks like they were cut off. Not sure what kind of mounts those are.
swerve
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Feb 16 2021, 04:49 PM) *

Click to view attachment

i have other components of the nose cone that are not bolted on, not pictured. i does not appear that anything was 'cut off'
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 01:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

i have other components of the nose cone that are not bolted on, not pictured. i does not appear that anything was 'cut off'

These were. Click to view attachment
swerve
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Feb 16 2021, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 16 2021, 01:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

These were. Click to view attachment

thank you for education, not sure how this was bolted in the car, i saw it come out of a wrecked 71 914 years ago. nonetheless the guts are still good and i need to source the correct cover to make it useful to someone. would you have an opinion on what the value of rebuilt trans (by a shop so there are no competency issues again) would be?
euro911
Many members here ARE experts on 914s, having owned and restored numerous 914s over the course of many years. Personally, I've owned 5 914s since all the way back in 1971. I also own and restore early 911s and 912s, since the late '70s.

I've never seen a 914 transaxle without the mounting 'ears'. They are not bolt on items, they're integral to the nose cone - and the with the mounting hardware shown on your's, it's anybody's guess what it came out of - definitely NOT a 914. Also, the shift lever is upside down from how a 914's tail-shifter transaxle emerges from the nose cone.

Core tail-shift transmissions aren't in-vogue, and if someone actually want's one they're typically inexpensive. Even if the gears, bearings and synchros were all good, it would still need gone through, evaluated and then resealed ... and a real 914 replacement nose cone sourced.

You're looking at $100. ~ $200. max for that one ... and no, I'm not in the market for one, so I'm not trying to 'low-ball' you shades.gif
swerve
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 16 2021, 08:16 PM) *

Many members here ARE experts on 914s, having owned and restored numerous 914s over the course of many years. Personally, I've owned 5 914s since all the way back in 1971. I also own and restore early 911s and 912s, since the late '70s.

I've never seen a 914 transaxle without the mounting 'ears'. They are not bolt on items, they're integral to the nose cone - and the with the mounting hardware shown on your's, it's anybody's guess what it came out of - definitely NOT a 914. Also, the shift lever is upside down from how a 914's tail-shifter transaxle emerges from the nose cone.

Core tail-shift transmissions aren't in-vogue, and if someone actually want's one they're typically inexpensive. Even if the gears, bearings and synchros were all good, it would still need gone through, evaluated and then resealed ... and a real 914 replacement nose cone sourced.

You're looking at $100. ~ $200. max for that one ... and no, I'm not in the market for one, so I'm not trying to 'low-ball' you shades.gif

thank you for your input, things would have gone way different had we chosen to relay info in a constructive manner, as in your post above.
the tranny was pulled out of a 914 wreck, i have no idea what i can tell you, maybe the cone was changed at the shop that did the inspection and i didn't notice due to my lack of brand insight. if you notice i did remove the item from sale.
SirAndy
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 15 2021, 01:42 PM) *

thank you.

"moderator" here ...

- Guy who doesn't know anything about Porsche finds a "Porch" transmission and thinks he struck gold
- Doesn't bother to do any research and posts a hacked "core" priced like it's plated with gold
- Gets mad when people call him out on it
- Calls for lowly "moderators" to clean up his mess because he can't be bothered
- Blames it all on rude unhelpful people that could have told him upfront "in a constructive manner"
- Still can't comprehend why he should be the one doing his own homework instead of other people spoon-feeding him
- Gonna blame me for being rude too because reasons

slap.gif

73-914
Well said SirAndy agree.gif
stownsen914
This was an entertaining thread!
swerve
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 16 2021, 11:19 PM) *

thank you.

"moderator" here ...

- Guy who doesn't know anything about Porsche finds a "Porch" transmission and thinks he struck gold
- Doesn't bother to do any research and posts a hacked "core" priced like it's plated with gold
- Calls for lowly "moderators" to clean up his mess because he can't be bothered
- Blames it all on rude unhelpful people that could have told him upfront "in a constructive manner"
- Still can't comprehend why he should be the one doing his own homework instead of other people spoon-feeding him

slap.gif

you are entitled to your spin, i thought that i was 'doing my homework' by posting here but apparently i should have bought a 914 first and 'learn'.
i wonder who really is the part of the blame game, when did 'calling out' with 'flame out' comments became a norm instead of simply saying 'you might be wrong'? one request to 'close the post' riled you up? how is that a cleanup? i sure never treat people in that fashion in the sandbox i play in, and you are doing a stellar job moderating with all these passive-aggressive digs- well done Sir! you taught me a lesson today.
thank you for your time, this sure was interesting. icon8.gif
Bucci
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 17 2021, 06:40 AM) *

thank you.

"moderator" here ...

slap.gif

you are entitled to your spin, i thought that i was 'doing my homework' by posting here but apparently i should have bought a 914 first and 'learn'.
i wonder who really is the part of the blame game, when did 'calling out' with crude comments became a norm instead of simply saying 'you might be wrong'? i sure never treat people in that fashion in the sandbox i play in.
thank you for your time, this sure was interesting.

WTF.gif
You sir are an ass-hole..! It’s people like you that makes restoring cars overly expensive for no reason at all. Peddling junk when you have no fucking clue.

Go sell another “Kohler sink” on eBay and get out of here.

WTF.gif
dhuckabay
Does have a set of brass ones to show back up and try to rationalize the bad behavior.
swerve
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Feb 17 2021, 10:05 AM) *

Does have a set of brass ones to show back up and try to rationalize the bad behavior.

for whatever its worth, this is not what i intended.
take care and good luck.
swerve
QUOTE(Bucci @ Feb 17 2021, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 17 2021, 06:40 AM) *

thank you.

"moderator" here ...

slap.gif

i wonder who really is the part of the blame game, when did 'calling out' with crude comments became a norm instead of simply saying 'you might be wrong'? i sure never treat people in that fashion in the sandbox i play in.
thank you for your time, this sure was interesting.

WTF.gif
You sir are an ass-hole..! It’s people like you that makes restoring cars overly expensive for no reason at all. Peddling junk when you have no fucking clue.

Go sell another “Kohler sink” on eBay and get out of here.

WTF.gif

id be an asshole if i tried to sell stuff fully knowing it is questionable- granted i initially posted without full knowledge of the details (and said so) and then i removed the item from sale once i became aware of the issues.
your attitude is fucked up and perpetuates this self-righteous circle-jerk.
swerve
thank you all for the info i needed, maybe not in the fashion i hoped for but good luck to all and stay safe.
take care guys.
ClayPerrine
It's a 914 tail shifter, with the ears broken off. Probably was in a wreck. the rubber mounts are an attempt to fix it to still be usable without a new tail cone.

Clay
ClayPerrine
If you need a transmission, contact @partsguy22 . Zims has them available.

Clay
swerve
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 17 2021, 03:00 PM) *

It's a 914 tail shifter, with the ears broken off. Probably was in a wreck. the rubber mounts are an attempt to fix it to still be usable without a new tail cone.

Clay

thank you Clay,
the part did come out of a crashed 914 and as far as i know / remember the current 'configuration' is the way it was installed in the car. not being the brand expert i did assume that it was the way it supposed to be and afterall i purchased it for non- porsche related project 20 years ago. Since the internals are very good i thought that someone may have use for it but apparently thats not the case, which results in a $200 'hacked-up core' even though the new bearing replacement was quoted here at over $2500.
personally i have no use / need for it so i don't know what course of action is next, was considering paying for a reasembly by a 'shop' so people do not question the workmanship, but i don't know if there would be anyone interested even then.
i greatly appreciate your clarification and time you took.
take care
73-914

thank you.

"moderator" here ...

slap.gif

I think his Mommy needs to change his diaper
Superhawk996
QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 17 2021, 04:05 PM) *

Clay

thank you Clay,
the part did come out of a crashed 914 and as far as i know / remember the current 'configuration' is the way it was installed in the car. not being the brand expert i did assume that it was the way it supposed to be and afterall i purchased it for non- porsche related project 20 years ago. Since the internals are very good i thought that someone may have use for it but apparently thats not the case, which results in a $200 'hacked-up core' even though the new bearing replacement was quoted here at over $2500.
personally i have no use / need for it so i don't know what course of action is next, was considering paying for a reasembly by a 'shop' so people do not question the workmanship, but i don't know if there would be anyone interested even then.
take care

I just recently tore down a tail shift to give a case away to a fellow forum member. Tailshift cases are not highly desired. So there is your value of a tailshift case in good condition - virtually zero. A damaged case from a crashed vehicle - worth even less.

The internals are rarely in great shape. Reverse and 1st gear are usually trashed. The rest of the gears are not hard to come by. There is nothing "rare" inside a 901 gearbox.

If your interenals are as good as you say, part it out. That is the only way you'll see any cash from this gearbox.
swerve
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 18 2021, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(swerve @ Feb 17 2021, 04:05 PM) *

Clay

thank you Clay,
take care

I just recently tore down a tail shift to give a case away to a fellow forum member. Tailshift cases are not highly desired. So there is your value of a tailshift case in good condition - virtually zero. A damaged case from a crashed vehicle - worth even less.

The internals are rarely in great shape. Reverse and 1st gear are usually trashed. The rest of the gears are not hard to come by. There is nothing "rare" inside a 901 gearbox.

If your interenals are as good as you say, part it out. That is the only way you'll see any cash from this gearbox.

understood, honestly i don't even care about getting any money out of it, it was more about not throwing it out.
thanks, lets consider this a dead end.
take care.
Rusty
Enough personal attacks for one day. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.