Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sumit racing - remote oil cooler(flowdyne)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I want to put a remote oil cooler, mounted in the frontal 914-6 location, i would like a flowdyne unit and have heard that summit racing carries the line, who is a recomended store that stocks this part.....
to lazy to do a search.... wink.gif
steve
jhadler
Just go to the Summit website, or call 'em. Places like Summit and Jegg's may cater to the V8 pony car crowd, but they are also excellent bussinesses, and pony car shops tend to sell stuff cheaper than P-Car supply shops. And it's often the same exact part...

I've ordered parts from Summit many times, and have always had nothing but the best customer service. They can even help you pick out the right parts if you're not sure.

-Josh2
ArtechnikA
this type of laziness is not becoming in a /6 owner...
you need to be more personally involved in decisions that affect your engine.
IMO - either delegate the whole thing, or learn everything...

FluiDyne Dealer Search there seems to be exactly one in Canada.

Cooler Selection Page here. pick one that matches your size and fitting requirements.
pete-stevers
I guesse the next question is what is the right size for the job if running a 3.0 on mostly street idea.gif
ArtechnikA
how much too hot does it run now ?
TravisNeff
I think you mean Fluidyne, www.fluidyne.com
pete-stevers
the engine is still in the donor car.....the conversion has yet to be completed
ArtechnikA
well then - 2 schools of thought... one says put in the biggest cooler that will fit, and a factory or Troutman thermostat.

the other one says pick whichever one is on sale, or the easiest to install. maybe it'll be good enough.
i'd still run a real good thermostat tho.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.