Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Archie
Hi again,

Can anyone please tell me where I might find an exploded drawing of the rear blower motor; the one that sits over the impeller housing? Yet ANOTHER classic case of NEPTWDS (Not Enough Photos Taken When Dismantling Syndrome!) on my part! Thanks again. You guys are really helpful!
914werke
This is for a early car, with the metal dual outlet housing?
ClayPerrine
The blower motor is the same between early and late, only the housing is different.

Clay
Archie
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 16 2021, 07:01 PM) *

Hi Rich!

I thought that I'd replied to you a few days ago, you must think that I'm a real jerk! (I must stop drinking that cheap wine!)
Anyway, it's a '72 1.7L and it DOES have two outlets.

How are things down in Lynwood? I really must come and get some more stuff from you, if they EVER open the border again! The shipping and "brokerage fees" from the US up here to Canada is a killler! It's a case of open your wallet and repeat after me: "Help yourself"!
914werke
Getting back to normal after the artic blast.
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Archie @ Feb 18 2021, 05:00 PM) *

Hi Rich!

I thought that I'd replied to you a few days ago, you must think that I'm a real jerk! (I must stop drinking that cheap wine!)

How are things down in Lynwood? I really must come and get some more stuff from you, if they EVER open the border again! The shipping and "brokerage fees" from the US up here to Canada is a killler! It's a case of open your wallet and repeat after me: "Help yourself"!

I can post some up of my very original 1970 if that will help. Let me know if you need any additional shots.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Archie
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Feb 20 2021, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Archie @ Feb 18 2021, 05:00 PM) *

Hi Rich!

I can post some up of my very original 1970 if that will help. Let me know if you need any additional shots.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks a lot, but what I was looking for was an actual exploded diagram of the internals of the motor. I stupidly threw the dismantled motor into a big Ziploc bag with a bunch of other stuff, now I'm in this pickle! (Please see my comment above about cheap wine!) Plus, our cars appear to be the same colour L21E, Blood orange?
jhynesrockmtn
Sorry about that. I have no good excuse like cheap wine for not reading your post more thoroughly. My car is L21E.
anderssj
No diagram of the internals, but found an old thread with some pictures I posted:

Thread was "Heater fan autopsy, soldering next?"

Link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8&hl=heater

Hope this helps!

P.s. And yes, the solder repair is still holding up all these years later. biggrin.gif
Archie
QUOTE(anderssj @ Feb 21 2021, 03:07 PM) *

No diagram of the internals, but found an old thread with some pictures I posted:

Thread was "Heater fan autopsy, soldering next?"

Link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8&hl=heater

Hope this helps!

P.s. And yes, the solder repair is still holding up all these years later. :D

Brilliant! Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.