Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 for sale on BaT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Looks beautiful, but it's in the details as they always say.....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-42/

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
@Mike Fitton

idea.gif

gereed75
And Mike is a detail guy!
raynekat
Like I said, a beautiful car. What's the market on these guys these days?
Racer
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 16 2021, 11:56 PM) *

$80K-120K

This one has a modified engine.. which could, or not, hurt value.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Racer @ Feb 17 2021, 11:16 AM) *

$80K-120K

Recent Porsche Panorama had five 6s listed, ALL over 100k.
I'd love to check them all out.

Racer
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 17 2021, 01:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer @ Feb 17 2021, 11:16 AM) *

$80K-120K

Recent Porsche Panorama had five 6s listed, ALL over 100k.
I'd love to check them all out.

Agreed.. but asking is not selling and several seem to always be "for sale" at those 120+ values... "honey, I tried to sell it ... wink.gif "
fixer34
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Feb 16 2021, 10:55 PM) *

And Mike is a detail guy!

Check the VIN. If it is Mike's car, it's a deal. I think he sold his for $82k a couple years ago.
913B
Click to view attachment
SKL1
And there is another 914-6 project on BAT. They are coming out of the woodwork!!
raynekat
Didn't sell at $75.5k.

Car needed more detailing to me.
Topside looked great.
Bottomside, engine, engine bay was average to me.

Possibly what the car is worth these days???
Racer
"reserve not met"...

I wonder if there isn't some "6" fatigue out there.. and this one, having been sold recently, seems more like a flip for profit vs the previous owner tale/ownership

Sometimes, people like a good story as much as a good car. This is a good car, but its lost a bit of appeal (to me) simply cause it sold recently and now its up again. Clearly they wanted at least their $82+ commissions back on the resale.

If you are buying a "6" now, its cause you want one.. the investment/flip angle for quick bucks might be played out now.. Like a 356 speedster, you can buy them all day long for $250-300K. Now, a 914/6 seems to be 80-100K all day long (nice ones, not just vin plates wink.gif )
horizontally-opposed
I don't know if I'd use this sale as a marker for fatigue.

This is a great (!) car, brought to a nice level by a great guy, but the kinds of things that tend to separate $80k cars from $130k cars—rightly or wrongly—are visible in the pics. Paint surfaces across panels, headlight gaps, etc.

Really nice driver that was last owned by a real driver with great taste in cars and architecture. Not sure if he's the seller, but I doubt his plan was to flip this for profit.
Jett
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 25 2021, 09:36 AM) *

I don't know if I'd use this sale as a marker for fatigue.

This is a great (!) car, brought to a nice level by a great guy, but the kinds of things that tend to separate $80k cars from $130k cars—rightly or wrongly—are visible in the pics. Paint surfaces across panels, headlight gaps, etc.

Really nice driver that was last owned by a real driver with great taste in cars and architecture. Not sure if he's the seller, but I doubt his plan was to flip this for profit.

Agreed. Although our 75 Palma car was amazing on the top side, it was the bottom that needed help. We pulled the suspension, the motor/trans, removed the undercoating, did minor body work, painted the engine compartment and underside of car, then put it all back together. Not cheap, but we think it moved the car from 8.5/10 to 9.5/10 smile.gif
raynekat
To me, any kind of detailing or improvements you can make to the undercarriage reaps rewards. In tight or stagnant markets, that's how you differentiate your car from the "normal" cars. Yeah it takes a lot of sweat equity, but I think it's definitely worth it.
Jett
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 25 2021, 10:54 AM) *

To me, any kind of detailing or improvements you can make to the undercarriage reaps rewards. In tight or stagnant markets, that's how you differentiate your car from the "normal" cars. Yeah it takes a lot of sweat equity, but I think it's definitely worth it.

+1
mepstein
QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 25 2021, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 25 2021, 10:54 AM) *

+1

+2. People like pretty.
pete000
I expected a bit higher !

Someone got a good buy...IMHO.
raynekat
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 25 2021, 05:14 PM) *

I expected a bit higher !

Someone got a good buy...IMHO.

Didn't sell at $75,500....so no one got a good buy on that one. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.