Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with wiring from Regulator Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pcdarks
I pulled all of the old hard loom off of the harness that goes from the Regulator plate to the engine. The reason is inspecting one end I could see that one wire had gotten so hot that it melted the insulation. This was the Black/purple wire. Now that I have it completely open I need help identifying the wires. The previous owner did a half ash job splicing and I can't tell where they go. In the picture the wires I'm sure of are the two Grey/brown wires (back up lights) The green wire (Heater blower), Yellow wire (starter solenoid) Black/red larger wire ( I'm thinking this must power the ignition), Small Black /purple wire ( thinking it goes to the negative side of the coil and is the Tach. It's also the one that melted) Which leaves a small white wire and a green/red wire. (these are probably sending unit wires for the oil pressure and head temp sensor but which is which I don't know. Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Green/red goes to the oil pressure sender by the dizzy.

White goes to the AAR.

The melted black/purple wire should be replaced and new casing installed on the harness. It melts if its hooked up to the coil wrong or the 12 pin connector is misindexed to the relay board. Common issues, easy to make and correct.
pcdarks
Yes I'm replacing the black/purple (is this the tach?) as it is melted all of the way back. What's an AAR?
Pops71Por
QUOTE(pcdarks @ Feb 17 2021, 08:23 PM) *

I pulled all of the old hard loom off of the harness that goes from the Regulator plate to the engine. The reason is inspecting one end I could see that one wire had gotten so hot that it melted the insulation. This was the Black/purple wire. Now that I have it completely open I need help identifying the wires. The previous owner did a half ash job splicing and I can't tell where they go. In the picture the wires I'm sure of are the two Grey/brown wires (back up lights) The green wire (Heater blower), Yellow wire (starter solenoid) Black/red larger wire ( I'm thinking this must power the ignition), Small Black /purple wire ( thinking it goes to the negative side of the coil and is the Tach. It's also the one that melted) Which leaves a small white wire and a green/red wire. (these are probably sending unit wires for the oil pressure and head temp sensor but which is which I don't know. Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Click to view attachment

pins
1 green red =oil pressure
5 black purple --coil neg side
7 black red coil pos side
12 white - air valve (#78 in manual?)
hope this helps was working on wiring harness myself this week.
ClayPerrine
This should help...

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.