Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Mini Rally Saturday MARCH 6th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Grosbard
Thanks for organizing this!!! It looks like I'll be there for at least some of it. What time do you suspect we'll be departing the starbucks parking lot?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Mar 2 2021, 10:04 AM) *

Thanks for organizing this!!! It looks like I'll be there for at least some of it. What time do you suspect we'll be departing the starbucks parking lot?

Word on the street, about 8:15ish departure 150.gif

O
mxkinn01
Okay Guys,
Need some local knowledge. Better half wants to stay in Monrovia, since its closer to her family. Good, bad, ugly???
Or is Claremont better?
Tonyooc
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Mar 3 2021, 09:15 PM) *

Okay Guys,
Need some local knowledge. Better half wants to stay in Monrovia, since its closer to her family. Good, bad, ugly???
Or is Claremont better?

I work about 10 minutes from Monrovia. I do not know the hotels there but the area is nice. Also its probably about 35 minutes to san Dimas east on the 210. If you like peacocks you can stay in Arcadia which is on the south side of the 210 and Monrovia is on the north side.
mxkinn01
Thanks Tonyooc,
Monrovia it is. Looks like a lot more parking at the hotel in Monrovia than in Claremont. Also closer to the wife's family.
See you all Saturday morning.
Mike
Coondog
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Mar 3 2021, 06:31 PM) *

Thanks Tonyooc,
Monrovia it is. Looks like a lot more parking at the hotel in Monrovia than in Claremont. Also closer to the wife's family.
See you all Saturday morning.
Mike

Monrovia is very nice. This is where we had the WCR 2 years ago. Make sure to take your wife to old town Monrovia. Tonyooc needs to upgrade his motor.... poke.gif Monrovia to San Dimas is 15 minutes max.

See you there
mxkinn01
Thanks Greg,
Google has it at 18 min.
Caymini
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 17 2021, 10:06 PM) *

Who’s interested in a SoCal mini drive. March 6th.

Time 8am

Meet up old town San Dimas....Starbucks parking lot. Corner of San Dimas ave and Bonita Ave.....lots of parking and several other coffee shops within 1 minute walk.

Drive up to Mt Baldy Lodge.......bring a chair.
Drive back down to CNC Motorsport in Upland.....check out cool cars
Lunch at In-N-Out Burger.........next to CNC

Please be Covid-19 Mask Friendly

Post up if your in

Coondog
ValcoOscar
TonyOC
ndfrigi
gonzo54
drem914
Steve
914Toy
second wind
914-300-Hemi
914-Teener
MM1
mkinne
PCH
Ibubba42614
Larmo63
Grosbard
mxkinn01

In at the Irvine sand canyon running Le Mans start aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
@gonzo54
@tonyooc
@lbubba42614
@ndfrigi
@framos914
And others

I and a few other teeners are meeting @ 7:00am this Sat @ Mobil / Circle K in Fullerton (Right off the 57 fwy @ Imperial Hwy).
Plan to depart for San Dimas at 7:15am sharp

Mobil / Circle K
2800 Imperial Hwy
Fullerton, Ca 92835

O
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 4 2021, 08:52 AM) *

@gonzo54
@tonyooc
@lbubba42614
@ndfrigi
@framos914
And others

I and a few other teeners are meeting @ 7:00am this Sat @ Mobil / Circle K in Fullerton (Right off the 57 fwy @ Imperial Hwy).

Mobil / Circle K
2800 Imperial Hwy
Fullerton, Ca 92835

O

I will be there too @ValcoOscar!
lbubba42614
@ValcoOscar
I will be driving straight to San Dimas I live 12 miles of the 71 freeway. thank you for the invite biggrin.gif See you there.
Tonyooc
I'm in for 7am off imperial
gonzo54
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 4 2021, 08:52 AM) *

@gonzo54
@tonyooc
@lbubba42614
@ndfrigi
@framos914
And others

Mobil / Circle K
2800 Imperial Hwy
Fullerton, Ca 92835

O

Oscar, I'll meet up with you guys at the Mobil Circle K

eric9144
Damn, was really hoping I could get in on this, need some drive time. Was holding off on a response because my awesome father in law is having some health issues and I won't be able to swing it dry.gif

Thoughts are with you all, wish I could be there, have a great time guys driving.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 4 2021, 06:13 PM) *

Damn, was really hoping I could get in on this, need some drive time. Was holding off on a response because my awesome father in law is having some health issues and I won't be able to swing it dry.gif

Thoughts are with you all, wish I could be there, have a great time guys driving.gif

Next time my friend, prayers for your Father in Law.....
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 4 2021, 06:13 PM) *

Family first...

We will miss you Eric. Your beast of a 914-6 is always a show stopper.

With luck perhaps we can do another Idyllwild or Julian drive before WCR2021

O
ndfrigi
bump
LS1V8Jerry
I’m on call for work this weekend, I was trying to get someone to cover for me but no luck. So you boy’s have a great time.
drem914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 23 2021, 07:42 PM) *
Meet up location for South OC drivers:
Sand Canyon off ramp at 5 Frwy
Knowlwood Restaurant/La Quinta Inn
14952 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, CA 92618

35 min drive to San Dimas

@Larmo63
@Steve
@914Toy
@drem914
@Caymini

Do we want to move our departure time up to 7:00 AM so there is time to grab a coffee or restroom break in San Dimas, for those so inclined?
We should be passing Oscar and the other at Imperial/57 right about 7:15 when they depart.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(drem914 @ Mar 5 2021, 01:48 PM) *

@Larmo63
@Steve
@914Toy
@drem914
@Caymini

Do we want to move our departure time up to 7:00 AM so there is time to grab a coffee or restroom break in San Dimas, for those so inclined?
We should be passing Oscar and the other at Imperial/57 right about 7:15 when they depart.

That would be great, if you guys exit Imperial Hwy at about 7:15ish we can be ready in our cars, then we can caravan up to San Dimas together.

Let me know...

O
914Toy

@Larmo63
@Steve
@914Toy
@drem914
@Caymini

OK with me, I will be there before 7:00.
Steve
Me too!! Thanks!!
drem914
UPDATE for South OC Group

Departure time 7:00 AM

We will briefly depart the 57 at Imperial and hook up with the Oscar group blue914.jpg in Fullerton and caravan en masse to San Dimas

@Larmo63
@Steve
@914Toy
@drem914
@Caymini
drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 5 2021, 01:53 PM) *

That would be great, if you guys exit Imperial Hwy at about 7:15ish we can be ready in our cars, then we can caravan up to San Dimas together.

Let me know...

O

See you there @ValcoOscar . We'll give you a ring when we leave. Just sent you a PM
MM1
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 4 2021, 09:13 PM) *

We pray that he recovers swiftly - great parents-in-law are a true gift.
garrettlee2
Have you looked at doing gmr up? It’s one of the best roads in Southern California
MM1
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Mar 5 2021, 08:55 PM) *

Have you looked at doing gmr up? It’s one of the best roads in Southern California

I was wondering that as I've never been on it - surface looks a bit rough on Google - but it looks twisty evilgrin.gif
garrettlee2
QUOTE(MM1 @ Mar 5 2021, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Mar 5 2021, 08:55 PM) *

I was wondering that as I've never been on it - surface looks a bit rough on Google - but it looks twisty evilgrin.gif

In the good old days it was always the New Year’s Day run. I haven’t been up there in a few years but it wasn’t that bad
MM1
Grrrr-seat belt frozen again ar15.gif -sorry fellas. . .see you next time.Thanks for the invite @Coondog - I hope you all have an especially fun drive today. . .looking forward to pics and vids.

ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
2mAn
Wish I could’ve been out there with you guys. Have fun and be safe... maybe next time
MM1
Great stuff and a perfect day! Wish I were there too . . . I see 16 914’s and 2 tail-draggers - great turnout - keep having fun!
Steve
I counted 18 914’s and two tail draggers! Congrats Larmo on the new toy!!
Nice get together!! Thanks for setting this up!!
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Great turnout, thanks for all those who attended. Next SoCal Rally info for May will be posted soon, just gotta check in with the San Diego Teeners...hint, hint.
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
And lastly....

Shout to all that joined, especially the long haulers who came from Las Vegas, Santa Barbara and Madera (Central Calif) beerchug.gif

Also, no breakdowns, only finicky starter on one car.
Thanks to our organizer @Coondog

Until next time.....

O
second wind
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2021, 02:54 PM) *

And lastly....

Shout to all that joined, especially the long haulers who came from Las Vegas, Santa Barbara and Madera (Central Calif) beerchug.gif

Until next time.....

O

Thank you so VERY MUCH Coondog!!!! And all the others that helped....What a fantastic time!! Just like a WCR....new friends...old friends....learned more about how to keep my car on the road another 50 years.....just all good and ALL LOVE and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
gg
gonzo54
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2021, 02:54 PM) *

And lastly....

Until next time.....

O

What a Great Day! Thanks @Coondog
mkinne
Thanks @Coondog for kicking this off clap56.gif

I don't get out with other teeners too often, but a day like this reminds me that I should bye1.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

More pics here > https://rider914.smugmug.com/Cars/914/2021-SoCal-Rally/

driving.gif

-M
MM1
Thanks for the pics!
lbubba42614
Had a great time, thank you for inviting me and my hubby. Made a video on YouTube hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/-GIYlgQ0PkQ
second wind
QUOTE(lbubba42614 @ Mar 6 2021, 10:46 PM) *

Had a great time, thank you for inviting me and my hubby. Made a video on YouTube hope you like it.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this video....EXCELLENT!!! I had no idea I had so much fun!! Plus we are a weird bunch to have our cars look so good....not break down....and all get along so great!!! I am so grateful for today and our group....GRATEFUL!!! Fun little cars, eh?
gg
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 6 2021, 11:23 PM) *

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this video....EXCELLENT!!! I had no idea I had so much fun!! Plus we are a weird bunch to have our cars look so good....not break down....and all get along so great!!! I am so grateful for today and our group....GRATEFUL!!! Fun little cars, eh?
gg

@lbubba42614

Same here, excellent job on video.
Delighted you and your husband took the time to came out for the drive.
I enjoyed listening to the back story on your green 74 1.8. beerchug.gif
These outings are so refreshing. Keep up the good work
on your 914. You two revived another 914 cheer.gif

O
Larmo63
Thanks for including this Porsche geek in the mix.

I had fun, perfect route and activities. Good planning, Greg.

I love the look on people's faces as we all drive by in these unique cars. You know they are thinking that we are having much more fun in life than they are!
PanelBilly
The video was great. Wish you had included some clips of the folks talking. I see their cars on the screen all the time and I read their thoughts on the page, but I’m missing their voice.
wes

Great video thanks!
eric9144
Great turn out! beerchug.gif
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Definitely hoping I'll be there on the next one, did manage to get out a quick neighborhood drive just to get my 914 fix for the day laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.