Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i wasn't pushing the gas.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wonkipop
i'm sure most of you guys know about this car and this guy.
i've viewed his own pecan pie vids.

this is enlightening - contains vivid display of accelerator pedal as high explosive device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzB1Vc1h-Tc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzB1Vc1h-Tc

my mothers 64 was the same colour. but it was not capable of a moon landing.
VaccaRabite
Saw this a couple days ago.
Car looks basically uncontrollable.

"So you meant to have the back end swing out like that, right? RIGHT!?"
"Nope, not planned. You never now..."

Later the dude was basically terrified to have the (very accomplished driver) presenter drive the car.

He built a time bomb.

Zach
ClayPerrine
I wonder how she would like driving Igor......

idea.gif
mepstein
Looks like fun. I was impressed by how clean everything looked. Build quality looks very high. Seems to be more of a show/magazine article/video article car than a cool driver but like the builder said, his car is done and running so cheers to him.
Mueller
Does Chris Baker @tygaboy have a long lost twin brother?

Impressive car and builder.
AZBanks
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 18 2021, 10:25 AM) *

I wonder how she would like driving Igor......

idea.gif

She is one of the top rock crawlers on the planet and races monster trucks. I bet she would have fun.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 18 2021, 09:58 AM) *

agree.gif

Mike...I was thinking the same. idea.gif

O

bbrock
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 18 2021, 11:39 AM) *

agree.gif

Mike...I was thinking the same. idea.gif

O

Thought exactly the same thing but the answer is no. Chris' twin brother would know how to engineer power AND handling. There is a lot to be impressed with there, but that thing is downright scary.
Andyrew

agree.gif
anderssj
Beautiful build!

Given that there are no aero aids to speak of, how many "lifties" is that bug is generating at 90+mph?

tygaboy
A couple things:
1. @mueller - I'm way better looking than him.
2a. His car only makes 517 hp. Mine dyno'd at 518 So I kicked his ass there.
2b. His engine is in the back. I mean, show me a rear-engined car with that much power that you'd ever want to dri... er, wait.

wonkipop
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 18 2021, 07:00 PM) *

A couple things:
1. @mueller - I'm way better looking than him.
2a. His car only makes 517 hp. Mine dyno'd at 518 So I kicked his ass there.
2b. His engine is in the back. I mean, show me a rear-engined car with that much power that you'd ever want to dri... er, wait.

beerchug.gif

its an arse dragger. so you licked him there.

but seriously i loved this clip and this car.
it is so american.
whats not to like.
lets go fast, who cares if it is in a straight line. just keep it in a straight line.

i wish i could get my hands on another 14 down here in aus, because i would think about doing it. i just can't bear to do it to the car i have.
i would so love to squeeze the gas pedal and get a very tight ring hole hanging on to the steering wheel like this guy in his bug. it would never get old.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 19 2021, 03:22 AM) *

i would so love to squeeze the gas pedal and get a very tight ring hole hanging on to the steering wheel like this guy in his bug. it would never get old.

Brian Johnson of AC/DC coined a phrase that really describes that well.

"Bunny Zone". It is when you are so frightened that your rectum twitches like a bunny's nose. Most of us have been there, done that.

Clay
914-300Hemi
Looks like it was well built. Definitely a sleeper.
gereed75
Guy is cool. Shop is cool. Girl - very cool. Car - ridiculous!
mbseto
While I agree that a bug is probably not a safe high-hp platform, ANY light car in that hp range, the wheels are going to turn at the speed the throttle tells them too, regardless of what kind of traction you have.

I had a buddy that had always dreamed of owning a Cobra, and finally did get one. Some 600hp, I could FEEL him rolling into the parking lot from a cubicle in the middle of the office. But he got rid of it after 6 months - because you can never let your attention waver and let the throttle get into a position you don't want it in, because the wheels will instantly start turning at that speed, completely unhindered by your traction. Then you're in the ditch.
mbseto
ALSO he's got the Lemmerz wheels, which I think are a great looking wheel on a narrow body... :-)
Andyrew
I will say one thing.

After riding in a few v8 cars and having mine for so many years there is a DISTICT reason why I went with a 4 cyl turbo engine that could be turned down to 250whp and turned up to 500whp (someday)...

You cant USE more than 250whp on back country roads and NOT get yourself in trouble, even with really sticky/wide tires. Yeah you can say "Oh just control it with your right foot!" But really, most HOT engines dont respond linearly and you get an all or nothing type of feel, or hit a bump mid corner and you accidently stab the throttle all the way sending you in a ditch.

I know I have had this conversation with a few people on here...
rick 918-S
I agree with Andrew. Throttle steer is possible up to a point. That is until you are at the point of no return... I think that may be beyond the bunny nose effect. LOL!
anderssj
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 19 2021, 08:59 AM) *

"Bunny Zone". It is when you are so frightened that your rectum twitches like a bunny's nose. Most of us have been there, done that.

Clay

An old F-15 friend says the next step up is where it's biting donut holes out of the seat cushion. blink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(anderssj @ Feb 19 2021, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 19 2021, 08:59 AM) *

Clay

An old F-15 friend says the next step up is where it's biting donut holes out of the seat cushion. blink.gif

In a 914 you can spend a week stromberg.gif ing basketweave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.