Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: complete D-Jet for 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
r3dplanet
Hey gang.

I've sold my 914 and now I'm selling the remainders.

First up: my complete 1.7 liter D-jet system. Each part has been individually tested but it has never been tested as a complete system on a running engine. That's because unknown to me my original '73 engine had been rebuilt with a mish-mash of parts meant for a carbureted engine.

Includes rebuilt MPS and new wiring harness. Also has the ECU. Does NOT include the correct injectors - it has the 1.6 liter VW black injectors so you'll need to source correct injectors depending on your application.

Notable absent is the cylinder heat temp sensor because it went with the car. But you can get one here:

https://914rubber.com/cylinder-head-temperature-sensor-1

Also, the intake tubes are painted signal orange. I hope you like orange as much as I do.

Kit includes some extra bits that may or may not work and a part that I think actually belongs to a 2.0 liter D-Jet setup.

$750.

-marcus
bdstone914
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Feb 18 2021, 11:58 AM) *

Hey gang.

First up: my complete 1.7 liter D-jet system. Each part has been individually tested but it has never been tested as a complete system on a running engine. That's because unknown to me my original '73 engine had been rebuilt with a mish-mash of parts meant for a carbureted engine.

Includes rebuilt MPS and new wiring harness. Also has the ECU. Does NOT include the correct injectors - it has the 1.6 liter VW black injectors so you'll need to source correct injectors depending on your application.

I'm in Portland, Oregon. I'm not currently mobile so it would be better if someone vaguely local came and grabbed it. But I might be able to find a helper to get it boxed and shipped. It's fairly heavy altogether.

Also, the intake tubes are painted signal orange. I hope you like orange as much as I do.

@hotshoe

Asking $750.

-marcus
bdstone914
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Feb 18 2021, 11:58 AM) *

Hey gang.

I'm in Portland, Oregon. I'm not currently mobile so it would be better if someone vaguely local came and grabbed it. But I might be able to find a helper to get it boxed and shipped. It's fairly heavy altogether.

Asking $750.

-marcus

@r3dplanet

I know a possible buyer.
Does it include the distributor, fuel pump ? Is the air filter the oil bath or paper element type?
A picture would be helpful.
r3dplanet
Okay. Photo time.

Here are the intakes.

Click to view attachment

And the plenum. The air valve is rebuilt with oilite bearings. I seem to remember writing a how-to on that long ago.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
r3dplanet
Here is the ECM. This is the earlier non-adjustable ECM but I might have a later adjustable one laying around.

Click to view attachment

And a Bowlsby harness:

Click to view attachment

And a rebuilt distributor including a Pertronix timing module:

Click to view attachment
r3dplanet
Air filter tripod with Rivnut mounted in the center for a secure air filter box connection.

Click to view attachment

And I have two air filters. The first is the older oil bath style that I hollowed out for use with a paper filter. It worked great.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
r3dplanet
New air breather tube from Mark at 914rubber:

Click to view attachment

And then various extra bits including a vacuum gadget, extra air valve that may or not work, a new electric fuel pump, deceleration valve, etc. All of the other sensors are mounted on the plenum already.

Click to view attachment

MPS valve, correct part number, holds vacuum, rebuilt with kit from Chris Foley, and adjusted accordingly.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
r3dplanet
And last, the newer style air filter.

Click to view attachment
r3dplanet
bump
r3dplanet
bump-a-lump
r3dplanet
*bump*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.