Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drain tubes/holes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TRS63
Hello together,

I am driving my 914 a lot (they were made for it!) and living in Germany and not in California, sometimes under water unsure.gif It has received some preventive treatment on the underside during the previous ownership, but I would love to check that every drain holes are open and not clogged in order to avoid more issues on that side. Can anybody here tell me where they all are? Maybe on a drawing?

Thanks in advance

Antoine
Superhawk996
Bottom of doors

Bottom of jack point pyramid

Bottom of rear suspension consoles (inside ear - closest to engine)

Bottom of area under the gas tank. There are two here:
1) corrugated tube that drains from fresh air box
2) a slot in sheetmetal that drains the area under the gas tank.

Bottom of the longitudinals have about two or three drain holes each side

Look below door posts at front of door, there are stiffeners here that have a couple drains at bottom. Sort of count as checking the longitudinals but there are two drains on just these panels that attach to the exterior of the longitudinals.

Those are the important ones that immediately come to mind for me.
ejm
The headlight buckets have large drain holes that plug easily with leaves or pine needle and both hell holes have a rubber vent that is guaranteed to drain slowly if at all.
JeffBowlsby
Front trunk floor too

You might also consider regularly checking locations that do not have drains, but should.

Rear trunk floor
Front trunk lid weatherstripping channels
Front fenders to cowl seam
Cockpit floor especially behind the seats
bkrantz
Forward engine shelf corners (left and right hell holes) should have drain holes in the shelf (and some odd rubber drain stoppers, I think).
TRS63
Thanks to all of you, I know what to check next beerchug.gif

Antoine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.