Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does the World have a complete guide to wheel sizes?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SavingManuals
Fellas,

If there is already a complete and concise source of information that encapsulates all that I describe below, please share. Otherwise...

This thread from @maj75 got me thinking: What front offset for Fuchs on 914/6 narrow body?

For us new guys, could someone create a table or downloadable spreadsheet with these column headings? (I'd be happy to create it, but I would need the input of those whose wheelhouse (pun intended) includes wheel details like these.) Maybe this could be one of the "Technical Articles" area of the "914 Info" page? Below are the columns I could come up with, but you experienced guys know what information could possibly be helpful when anyone, regardless of experience, has questions about wheel options for a 914.

1. Wheel style
2. Nicknames (What are any common nicknames?)
3. (914 Model Year?) (I don't know whether this can make a difference?)
4. Size (Ex. 5 x 15)
5. Offset
6. Front or rear (Assuming suspension/mods can be different, front and rear.)
7. Suspension (stock, 911, etc.; whatever the most common suspensions used)
8. Body mods: None/Recommended/Required
9. If Body Mods Recommended/Required, describe mods
10. Tire sizes appropriate for this combination of wheel/suspension/mods
11. Originally produced by?
12. Replicas available?
12. Current suppliers of originals and/or replicas (Where can I find them?)

Any suggestions for changes/additions to this list?

Thoughts?
Olympic 914
Just Fuchs but good info

Racer
I prefer to discuss these topics ad naseum because NO ONE ever uses the search function slap.gif

Its a great idea, but getting folks to use such an easy list will be hard.
I have an excellent recall in my head of factory wheel sizes (-4 and -6) that fit.

The fuchs wheel chart above is good reference, since 914/6 and 4 bodies are the same and they can fit the same size wheels.

And then, when you are here long enough its the "hey, its been a while, what's the best NEW tire (size and brand) out there I can fit on my car"

Steelies - 4.5 and 5.5" - in 2 different styles. Most steelies are 5.5x15. Early 1.7s had 4.5's as the base wheel.
Pedrini - 5.5x15
Mahle - 5.5x15
Fuchs - 5.5x15
SavingManuals
I'll stick with the search for now
DRPHIL914
all that above and also realize due to manufacturing in the day there is some variation from car to car regarding what may fit, some cars will can fit a 7" fuch on rear with out modifications others not(most will not), i now have 205/55- 16 on my car and 7" rear 6" front, but slight modification to make that fit the fenders in rear were worked out to add about 3/4" more width. i would say most cars can fit an 15" or 16" x 6" fuch with 195/ tires in the rear. I have 5 lug, the 4 lug stock wheels well you cant go wrong.

timothy_nd28
I would love to see something like this popcorn[1].gif
JamesM
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...wheel_types.htm

That would probably be a start
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Feb 19 2021, 11:30 AM) *

Just Fuchs but good info

is there a chart like this for the Cookie cutter ATS wheels? i am looking at a set for the 914 for AX, but not sure they will fit, i currently have the 16" Fuchs, 6" on front 7" on rear with 205/55 tires these both have a backsize of 112mm. i have less than 1/2" inboard space before rubbing, and about 1/4" to fender lip outside.

Thanks.
Racer
is there a chart like this for the Cookie cutter ATS wheels? i am looking at a set for the 914 for AX, but not sure they will fit, i currently have the 16" Fuchs, 6" on front 7" on rear with 205/55 tires these both have a backsize of 112mm. i have less than 1/2" inboard space before rubbing, and about 1/4" to fender lip outside.

Cookie cutters came in limited sizes:

1) 6x15
2) 7x15

6x15s were introduced in 1973 for 911s iirc. The 7x15s were introduced on the 911SC in 1978. Most base 944's from 1982-1986 came with 7x15 Cookies, hence the large availability

Same offsets as Fuchs.. 36m for the 6, 23.3 for the 7s.

6x15s will fit without issue.. 7x15s, as always, depend on the car, ride height, spring rates, camber and tire size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.