Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: madness continues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Hinds
Poject is progressing . . . new breaks and bearings are in. Engine's back from the shop, new CVs, clutch and getting excited now.

Bearings - while I was wandering around the net watching "how to" stuff one of the vids mentioned the quality of bearings. FAG had always been the German name to go to but one of the videos mentions that China has copied a lot of stuff. He said he only had a FAG bearing(rear) last him a year. Thought it may have been made in the C country. I put a FAG in the front and noticed it was made in France.

So came time for a rear - Thanks again Todd - Since I'm anxious, I checked NAPA and they had one so I didn't have to wait for an order! Told me it was FAG. It was not, it was Meyle which is also German and we pulled it out of the box and it was marked Germany. So, Todd was here this morning "saving my bacon" and we got the old out and the new in. When we looked at the box a sticker on it with the part number said made in China! WTF - double checked the bearing and sure enough it did say Germany.

I hope is a good one since NAPA charged 100 bucks. Then last night I'd been looking for more parts 914 rubber and notice they have FAG rear bearings for just $38! Those say Slovakia!

After Todd left this morning I got the rest of John's new brakes in with new stainless flex lines.

Wish I could be patient.

mepstein
Hopefully you get some brakes for your car. biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
What no picture? You can't expect me to read the text without a little visual entertainment!
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 19 2021, 05:54 PM) *

What no picture? You can't expect me to read the text without a little visual entertainment!

What was I thinking? Too busy, too dirty, too excited . . . Click to view attachment
Tom_T
And I got excited Bruce reading your list with the Republic RC-3 Seebee! piratenanner.gif

What a great amphib & WA is a great area for flying it too!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 20 2021, 02:05 PM) *

And I got excited Bruce reading your list with the Republic RC-3 Seebee! piratenanner.gif

What a great amphib & WA is a great area for flying it too!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

If you like Seabees Tom, check out www.republicseabee.com - lots of great stuff there and formation video of ours in flight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.