Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Longer spare tire hold-down bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
I got a new spare tire this afternoon, and my current hold-down bolt no longer reaches. It's just a little bit shy of engaging the threads in the socket on the floor.

The bolt I have is 75mm (3 inches) from the bottom of the flange to the tip (10x1.5 thread). Does anyone have one that is about 13-19mm (1/2"-3/4") longer? Did Porsche even make such an item? Please let me know what you have.

Thanks!
frankiec@outrageous.net
I just went with a longer bolt, with the wider rims, without the handy wings to tighten and loosen on the stock bolt.
scallyk9
Interesting question but I suspect Porsche did have different sizes as I've got two lengths here. I suspect the longer one had come with my LE that uses a 5th Mahle wheel as the spare wheel.
bdstone914
@Billc

I though there were only two lenghts until tecently. The 75mm lenght and a shorter one the came in early cars with 4.5" wheels.
I am replating some parts for another member and this longer bolt was in there. It is only about 80mm so that may not help you.
I bought some longer 10 mm studs and knurled thumb screws that i think are a better setup. You install the stud in the floor and lock it with a jam nut. Place the tire and plate over the stud. Then spin on the thumb screw. It is easier then blindly hunting for the threaded hole while the plate covers it. I still have them but need to find them if you want to go that route.
Bruce
BillC
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 20 2021, 10:48 AM) *

@Billc

I though there were only two lenghts until tecently. The 75mm lenght and a shorter one the came in early cars with 4.5" wheels.
I am replating some parts for another member and this longer bolt was in there. It is only about 80mm so that may not help you.
I bought some longer 10 mm studs and knurled thumb screws that i think are a better setup. You install the stud in the floor and lock it with a jam nut. Place the tire and plate over the stud. Then spin on the thumb screw. It is easier then blindly hunting for the threaded hole while the plate covers it. I still have them but need to find them if you want to go that route.
Bruce

@bdstone914

I think the wingbolt at the top of your picture will work. My stock bolt juuuust misses the threads for the hold-down. Those few extra mm should work. Please send me a PM with cost (w/shipping) and payment info.

My stock bolt looks exactly like the one at the bottom of your pic.
bdstone914
QUOTE(BillC @ Feb 20 2021, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 20 2021, 10:48 AM) *

@Billc

Bruce

@bdstone914

I think the wingbolt at the top of your picture will work. My stock bolt juuuust misses the threads for the hold-down. Those few extra mm should work. Please send me a PM with cost (w/shipping) and payment info.

This one is not mine. I will ask the other member if he wants to sell it. I am getting the parts zinc plated for him.

@billc

My stock bolt looks exactly like the one at the bottom of your pic.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.