Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Check in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
Everyone please check in...if you need a task let me know.

Garold, can you start on sponsorships?
GaroldShaffer
yes I can. I could use a little help but its not a big deal. Are we looking for cash & door prizes? Anything goodies left over from last year.
seanery
nothing left over, we gave it all away last year.

cash and prizes is good smile.gif
Pnambic
Yahoo Checking in.

Do you have anything you're using when calling people for sponsorships? A script? List of sponsorship options/costs/returns/etc?

How many slots for each sponsorship level do we have open?

Wanna give me a list of people to call?

I guess I oughta put together another registration form.

Any thoughts on fees?

The date is officially set for Oct. 21, 22, 23, right?

Any complaints on the hotel we used last year? Leah and I didn't stay overnight. Anyone spoken with the hotel about this year yet?

Hmmm....How 'bout a Texas Hold 'em Tourney on the evening of Friday, Oct 21?
SpecialK
WooHoo!

Okay...what can I do?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Jul 19 2005, 01:04 PM)
Yahoo Checking in.

Do you have anything you're using when calling people for sponsorships? A script? List of sponsorship options/costs/returns/etc?

How many slots for each sponsorship level do we have open?

Wanna give me a list of people to call?

I guess I oughta put together another registration form.

Any thoughts on fees?

The date is officially set for Oct. 21, 22, 23, right?

Any complaints on the hotel we used last year? Leah and I didn't stay overnight. Anyone spoken with the hotel about this year yet?

Hmmm....How 'bout a Texas Hold 'em Tourney on the evening of Friday, Oct 21?

I didn't have any script. I would say that were are having a Porsche 914 event to raise money for charity (X). we expect about 30 - 40 cars and we could use door prizes and or cash.

We had a break down of what they, the sponsor, get for their dontation (size of space on tee shirt with logo). I started with the usual suspects here on the club site then went to outside vendors.

Before we make any calls are we trying to raise money for charity or just looking to cover costs (shirts, awards, ect...)?
Doug Leggins
Checkin in.

Let me know where to jump in.

I would like to know enough about what it takes to set up this event to be knowledgable enough and comfortable enough to set this up for next year wacko.gif unless someone else volunteers smile.gif

Right now I just have to put priority on a few other items like GETTING THE CAR FINISHED! And the house finished. And interviewing for a job in Columbus -still GE, but moving from appliances to plastics.

seanery
let's not do a charity this year. It was a pain in the buttocks last year - mostly after the event wrap up and dealing with the $.

I was thinking of either a long sleeved- polo for the shirt or a short-sleeved shop-shirt. any comments?

Does anyone care if we use last year's twisty tour? (most people didn't do it and those that did, didn't do 100% of it)

Also, any ideas on what to do to replace the poker run/lunch in the park?

Dan,
I kind of like your idea of a Texas Hold' Em night one night. I'm sure we could use the downstairs room of the hotel.
Pnambic
Speaking of which, how did that poker party at your place go, Sean?
Planning another one anytime soon?
Pnambic
So, looks like we need to lay down some ideas. I don't remember exactly what we had last year, but we were also looking to throw money at charity then too.

So...
$ ??? Gets you a small spot on the back of the t-shirt.
$ ??? Gets you a medium spot on the back of the t-shirt
$ ??? Gets you a large spot on the back of the t-shirt
$ ??? Gets you primary presenting sponsor credit including focal spot on the back of the t-shirt and a spot on the front of the t-shirt and billing in all publications, and billing on nametags and...?

Do we want to try the karting idea?

GaroldShaffer
I'm cool with the non charity event. The same twisty tour works for me. Here is what I used last year to email sponors after I talked to them.

Hi XXX,

As you know the Fall Foliage Classic is Oct 22nd – 24th and we are in need of sponsors. This event is also a benefit for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation and all proceeds WILL go to this charity. We are in need of a presenting sponsor, also event and door prize sponsors. For an Event sponsor we are asking a donation of $500 for this you will get a link to your website on the FFC04 website. Along with that the Presenting Sponsor will get the following:

Presenting Sponsor:
Logo on all awards and anywhere the Fall Foliage Logo is used
Logo (sized to fit) in a 3.9" x 2.2" box on front of shirt
Logo (sized to fit) in a 6.1" x 3.5" box on back of shirt
2 XL Event T-Shirts
2 L Event T-Shirts

For an Event sponsor we are asking for a donation of $150. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC04 website. Along with that the Event Sponsor will get the following:

Event Sponsor:
Logo 3.5" x 2" on back of shirt
2 Event T-Shirts

For a Door Prize sponsor we are asking for a donation of, well a door prize. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC04 website. Along with that Event Sponsor will get the following:

Door Prize Sponsors:
Logo 2" x 1.2" on back of shirt
1 Event T-Shirt

Thank you, not only all your help with the classics, but for the great products you have for our cars. Any help can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your time.

Garold Shaffer (itsa914)
FFC committee '04
GaroldShaffer
I think for food maybe just have a stop at a resturant somewhere? I like the karting idea, but that AXer in me talking rolleyes.gif

I'm leaving for Canada in a few hours and I'm not sure I will have internet access. If not I will check in with you guys late Monday.

L8tr
SpecialK
Okay....I totally lack any facsimile of "event planning" skills. But I am a very meticulous parts refurbisher/fixerupper.

I've got most of the equipment to restore just about any part (small sand blaster [+endless supply of silica sand], welder, paint gun, etc...), well, except for upholstery stuff. So, if you can think of any 914 bits that would make nice prizes, I'd be more than happy to take on the refurb task.

I recovered an old leather steering wheel awhile back, and it turned out great. The polished horn button might not be everyones cup of tea, but the rest is totally stock.

So, anyone have an old leather steering wheel that needs new leather? Or [name the part]?
SpecialK
Wheel...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Jul 23 2005, 03:56 PM)
Okay....I totally lack any facsimile of "event planning" skills. But I am a very meticulous parts refurbisher/fixerupper.

I've got most of the equipment to restore just about any part (small sand blaster [+endless supply of silica sand], welder, paint gun, etc...), well, except for upholstery stuff. So, if you can think of any 914 bits that would make nice prizes, I'd be more than happy to take on the refurb task.

I recovered an old leather steering wheel awhile back, and it turned out great. The polished horn button might not be everyones cup of tea, but the rest is totally stock.

So, anyone have an old leather steering wheel that needs new leather? Or [name the part]?

I have one that I can send ya.
Engman
sorry fer the delay ... but just a lost going on - vacation - had ta move my 24yr daughter back home (mostly $ issues there) and work has been a pain but..

I am IN.........

I will be a sponsor - door prizes - at least 2 -3

And I will again make awards - need artwork!!!!

Not sure what all else - I will try to come up with a new trinket for the goodie bags....

M

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.