Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bruce Meyers passes at 94
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Bruce Meyers, 1960's innovator of his Myeres Manx passes on at age 94. Both he and his wife Winnie were great ambassadors of this VW air cooled niche, that he created in his Newport Beach California home workshop. His innovation received a U.S. patent, made over 7,000 kits...but it's said that approx 350,000 (non Meyers) knock-offs were made. We built a 2180 with twin IHI turbos for a Manx client in Oahu .
God speed Bruce
Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
Here he is with Mangel. RIP
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 20 2021, 09:56 AM) *

Here he is with Mangel. RIP

Ted (on right) co-drove with Vic Wilson in the inaugural NORRA 1,000/Mexico in a Manx and took top honors flag.gif
MM1
Rest in peace, Bruce - we appreciate and honor you and your timeless contributions. May you laugh with family and friends as you rip through the beaches and dunes of eternity.
Mark Henry
I remember there was a local FG guy popping off copies back in the late 60's/70's my brother and his two BIL's each bought one. I remember them trashing perfectly good bodies to get the chassis. In fact when I saw Mark Donahue race the 917 at the Mosport CanAm we all went in the dune buggies.
They were cool at the time, but they were freaking miserable cars when the weather was bad.
ValcoOscar
sad.gif

RIP Bruce....

Condolences to his family.

O
KELTY360
True pioneer and a real car guy. RIP
Maltese Falcon
Manx, Manx Clubs, and Manx meet ups have been on the rise in the last decade. We re-introduced this MSDS "Baja Eliminator " Manx exhaust muffler system into production, as interest has been coming back strong.
Unit on the right was installed at our Culver City shop in 1978 , we just replaced it; it came off of a "Special" (locally driven L.A.) knock off aka "Coyote".
Click to view attachment
Jgilliam914
My brother met Bruce a few years ago and got him to sign his Manx. He had a amazing life and was down to earth according to him. A tribute to the Baja winning Manx is on the cover of the next issue of Hot VW’s. The buggy’s owner is a friend of my brothers

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.