Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 914/6 Conversion Tin -- SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Superhawk996
5 piece tin kit with heat tube openings - ready for use for 914/6 conversion.

Click to view attachment

Still available.

Note: this is not the Restoration Design tin kit. This is Ben's original tin kit. Nice tin, unused, fresh from powder coating. Will be great for a conversion but is not original 914/6 tin.
914Sixer
Sweet deal cheer.gif
raynekat
Looks great and a nice deal! GLWTS
Jett
Phil, nice tin. I am looking for stock tin smile.gif but hard to find.
930cabman
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 20 2021, 01:29 PM) *

5 piece tin kit with heat tube openings - ready for use for 914/6 conversion.

Click to view attachment

Great deal for someone. Is the /6 conversion going away?
Superhawk996
@930cabman

Nope. I ended up with two sets of tin. Ben did a deal with RD on a large number of kits and offered at a great price as part of Group Buy or Black Friday deal. I honestly can't remember which, and I ened up with two sets of tin.

There are minor differences betwen them. RD as stamped tin. IIRC Ben's orignal kit was laser cut and hand formed. Very nice tin. Very nice workmanship -- all tin is very stright and if it was hand formed, you'd be hard pressed to tell. I'll post some more detailed photos later.

In interest of full transparency here is how I arrived at $410 asking price:

$350 was my original cost for bare metal tin. Never used as I'm keeping the RD tin I got from Ben.

$50-60 for powder coating (I did a much larger lot of parts but this is about what I paid for this portion of the lot)

Shipping - probabably about $30-40 on my end. So I'm basically eating the shipping.
930cabman
Great, how could you not jump on the package deal Ben was offering. We are just mounting the oil tank now, looking good.
Michel
Still avail?
HIPPIEKILLER
How is this one different from an original 1975 911 S 2.7?
Tdskip
QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Mar 3 2021, 10:19 AM) *

How is this one different from an original 1975 911 S 2.7?

Engine bay dimensions are different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.