Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, but fun video: Rare Shades goes racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
The latest turn in a journey begun with a 914 three decades ago…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hA52cgJO4&t=124s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hA52cgJO4
Big Len
That was great. Thanks for posting.
SirAndy
driving.gif
raynekat
That was phenomenal.
Perhaps the best car video I've seen for quite some time.
Very cool.
rgalla9146

Great video
Bucket list for sure.
Rleog
Here’s the Jeff Zwart video. Second place in Time Attack Class.

https://youtu.be/5nD5Q50JCpE

tygaboy
That is crazy. Fast is one thing. But bouncing completely off the ground?
"That certainly separates the men from the boys", says me, the very small child over here cowering in fear/awe. Geez, oh Pete.

Top race result, AWESOME film!Kudos all around.
mepstein
Awesome film. Thanks for posting.
raynekat
The top part of the course is incredibly rough....guess all the frost heaving up there is responsible for that. Previously a few years back, the top half was all dirt and gravel. Man, that must have been nuts prepping a car for part tarmac, part off road.
rick 918-S
Cool! I will have to look into that rare shades event when I get to the Raspberry car. idea.gif assimilate.gif
VaccaRabite
That's interesting. When he had the throttle pinned, telemetry was only reading 87% throttle. I wonder if that's how they set up the car, or if the telemetry was just miscalibrated.

Zach
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 22 2021, 02:01 AM) *

The top part of the course is incredibly rough....guess all the frost heaving up there is responsible for that. Previously a few years back, the top half was all dirt and gravel. Man, that must have been nuts prepping a car for part tarmac, part off road.

Yep and yep.

And the construction going on at the top of the hill hasn't helped to boot.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 22 2021, 06:20 AM) *

Cool! I will have to look into that rare shades event when I get to the Raspberry car. idea.gif assimilate.gif

The good news with 914s and Rare Shades is nearly any vintage Porsche color is by definition a Rare Shade now—but Raspberry even rarer and very much welcome. chowtime.gif

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 22 2021, 06:32 AM) *

That's interesting. When he had the throttle pinned, telemetry was only reading 87% throttle. I wonder if that's how they set up the car, or if the telemetry was just miscalibrated.

Zach

Telemetry was off. One of those things to fix, but no time in a whirlwind effort just to get the car to the starting line.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 22 2021, 09:22 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 22 2021, 06:20 AM) *

The good news with 914s and Rare Shades is nearly any vintage Porsche color is by definition a Rare Shade now—but Raspberry even rarer and very much welcome. chowtime.gif

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 22 2021, 06:32 AM) *

Zach

Telemetry was off. One of those things to fix, but no time in a whirlwind effort just to get the car to the starting line.

Based on what turned up on this site it is one of 4 914's known in this color. Sorry to drift off topic.
914andy
Very nicely done

Andy
JOEPROPER
That was Awesome! Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.