Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Early Front Clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
zoomCat
I'm looking for an early (70-72) front clip that can be shipped to Cincinnati. All I really need is the sheet metal but I'n willing to take whatever is bolted to it if that is necessary. I'll be using it from just forward of the shift leaver.
I've posted this before a couple of times, but nothing has panned out so far. Thanks to all who've contacted me with leads; so far they all have had issues or folks haven't been able to follow up with documentation.

Whole cars could be considered, but I hate to cut up something for just the front.

What I've got has some rust in odd places, and some badly repaired crash damage from many years ago; I'm looking for something pretty straight and solid to make it worth the effort. We'd like to find something that won't require a bunch of hours of repair before we can use it.

I'm not in a position to come and fetch it, so we'll have to arrange shipping.

Here's the intended recipient:
Click to view attachment

Thanks!
Bullethead
Have you spoken with this guy? Looks like he's willing to cut what you need.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=351009
zoomCat
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Feb 21 2021, 03:38 PM) *

Have you spoken with this guy? Looks like he's willing to cut what you need.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=351009

Unfortunately the rusted floorboards and bent driver's side door hinge pillar and part of what I need. The recipient had brake fluid spilled back in the previous century, so the are below the reservoir and pedal cluster have been compromised, and the existing driver's side fender had been 'repaired' at some time and both the fender and the mounting sheetmetal on the tub need replaced.

As always, when we started digging into it we kept find more issues.

Thanks for the lead, though.
smveril
I have a 73 junk car in West Chester OH which has a decent drivers door hinge

Mike
Pezz
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Feb 21 2021, 12:21 PM) *

I'm looking for an early (70-72) front clip that can be shipped to Cincinnati. All I really need is the sheet metal but I'n willing to take whatever is bolted to it if that is necessary. I'll be using it from just forward of the shift leaver.
I've posted this before a couple of times, but nothing has panned out so far. Thanks to all who've contacted me with leads; so far they all have had issues or folks haven't been able to follow up with documentation.

Whole cars could be considered, but I hate to cut up something for just the front.

What I've got has some rust in odd places, and some badly repaired crash damage from many years ago; I'm looking for something pretty straight and solid to make it worth the effort. We'd like to find something that won't require a bunch of hours of repair before we can use it.

Click to view attachment

Thanks!

Hi zoomCat~
This 1970 donor has some rust holes under the fuel tank and in the rubber gutter under the frunk hood. It looks in better shape than your car, but it will need a few patches.
PM me if interested and want more photos.
Thank you
~Pezz
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Pezz
QUOTE(Pezz @ Mar 21 2021, 05:43 AM) *

QUOTE(zoomCat @ Feb 21 2021, 12:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks!

Hi zoomCat~
This 1970 donor has some rust holes under the fuel tank and in the rubber gutter under the frunk hood. It looks in better shape than your car, but it will need a few patches.
PM me if interested and want more photos.
Thank you
~Pezz
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

PS: Driver's door hinge is damaged and fender was damaged and removed.
Click to view attachment
lostreasure
i have a complete 1970 914 with a great nose! doors are also good- Free! missing steering wheel and interior-motor no good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.