Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pick-Up and Shipping Service
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sharper
Does anyone know of a company or service that will pick up parts, package, and ship them? I'm looking for some bigger wheels (for my Boxster) and it seems that every time I find some I like for a decent price the ad says, "local pick-up only" or "will not ship". Obviously I'd pay for shipping but looks like the sellers don't want to hassle with it. Seems if I could find a service that would pick them up and handle the rest it would solve this problem.
mepstein
fedex and freightquote is great for pickup and delivery but having someone pack for you is a difficult service to find.

I have shipped boxes to sellers with return ship labels, tape on a tape gun and then had fedex pick up at their door.
bbrock
We have a little business here called "We Do Anything" which would be just the ticket for this kind of thing. I thought they part of a national chain but they aren't. I wonder if Google would turn up anything similar for the location you are trying to ship from.
johnhora
UPS stores will box and ship....you or the seller has to take it to them for the service. It's pricey but works.
mark04usa
I bought a nearly complete 914 interrior from an eBay seller in PA. and found a shipper through Uship to pickup and deliver to me in Texas. Reasonable price for very good service. Might be worth a try.
mb911
QUOTE(sharper @ Feb 21 2021, 07:12 PM) *

Does anyone know of a company or service that will pick up parts, package, and ship them? I'm looking for some bigger wheels (for my Boxster) and it seems that every time I find some I like for a decent price the ad says, "local pick-up only" or "will not ship". Obviously I'd pay for shipping but looks like the sellers don't want to hassle with it. Seems if I could find a service that would pick them up and handle the rest it would solve this problem.

So funny thing is I read or was told lately (cant remember which)that you call local bail bonds company's and ask if they will pick up the parts and deliver to a ups store when they are that way. I was told for 50-75 bucks they will do it.
Racer
If they are wheels you really want, talk to the seller and discuss how much it would take to make it worth their while to find a couple of good boxes and ship them.. An additional $50-$100?

fwiw, I was looking for wheels.. Seller said the same "local buyer, not shipping etc". I offered $100 more than asking and in 4 days the wheels were at my house.
mb911
QUOTE(Racer @ Feb 22 2021, 04:49 AM) *

If they are wheels you really want, talk to the seller and discuss how much it would take to make it worth their while to find a couple of good boxes and ship them.. An additional $50-$100?

fwiw, I was looking for wheels.. Seller said the same "local buyer, not shipping etc". I offered $100 more than asking and in 4 days the wheels were at my house.

What I did for some Turbo twist wheels. I posted here asking if any members were close by. Michael picked them up for me and shipped them.. might want try something like that.
ValcoOscar
@sharper

I've helped Pack & Ship for friends. If you have a willing seller in SoCal that can bring those to me
90255 or 90621, I can handle it for you. If I have to pick up...it gets expensive, I work for fuel, food & Pepsi. driving.gif chowtime.gif beer3.gif

I can crate also... biggrin.gif

OH, BTW I have some 17" Twist Wheels (w/tires) for sale

O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.