Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Porsche Classic Communication System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stickyfingers
Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone had installed the Classic PCCM from Porsche in their 914's. I've seen many implementations for older 911's but I have yet to see someone do this for a 914. Just wondering the extent of the work - can I do this myself or should I fork over the mega-charge that Porsche wants to charge?

The question whether it's worth it or not is really in the eye of the beholder or use-case. I would like to retain the classic nature of this but would like modern day comforts such as Bluetooth - really that is really the only feature I sorely need - I would never really use the navigation as I have my phone for that. It's more for music streaming with the top down - lol.

Thank you!
BillJ
There are adapters you can buy for almost any radio to add Bluetooth. They cost less than $1500 smile.gif Do a search here on Bluetooth it should show up.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(BillJ @ Feb 22 2021, 10:35 AM) *

There are adapters you can buy for almost any radio to add Bluetooth. They cost less than $1500 smile.gif Do a search here on Bluetooth it should show up.

Cheers - thanks Bill.
ClayPerrine
We own 3 914s. The 70 has the original FM (not stereo) radio, and no other computers.

The 74 has an aftermarket radio and the original "computer" for the L-Jet injection.
The 73 has an aftermarket radio and a DME ECU to run the engine.

Both the 73 and the 74 have the exact same radio model. And I don't even remember how to turn it on.

Classic PCCM is just another distraction I don't want or need when driving. If I need navigation, I have it on my cell phone.

Just my $.02.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.