ClayPerrine
What if you have more than one 914?????

I can only vote once.
seanpaulmc
Jack stands? sad.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 22 2021, 05:52 PM) *

What if you have more than one 914?????

Create additional accounts or add the percentages and divide by the number of cars.
914e
Is the percentage, by weight, volume, area, price?
Steve
Mine is mostly stock parts, but from a 911 or stock copies like the 916 trans.
914werke
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 22 2021, 06:50 PM) *
What if you have more than one 914????? I can only vote once.
Create additional accounts or add the percentages and divide by the number of cars.

Ugh! Math biggrin.gif
DucRS
90-95% including paint. The rest 5-10% in misc 914rubber bits.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(914e @ Feb 22 2021, 06:58 PM) *

Is the percentage, by weight, volume, area, price?

Use the Hoffermanndale algorithm to calculate the percentage.
VegasRacer

I can only vote once.

If you have a problem with the way this site works . . . hissyfit.gif

Talk To An Admin. banned.gif
Andyrew
I'm gonna go with 10%.
71six
90% stock for both of mine with the parts to return to original in my possession. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 23 2021, 04:59 AM) *

I can only vote once.

If you have a problem with the way this site works . . . hissyfit.gif

Talk To An Admin. banned.gif

Yea... well.... your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

finger.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
Racer
Sadly, mine falls in the very original category...

Click to view attachment
StarBear
95+ percent, including most paint. Did Mark Henry’s starter solenoid change-out and added removable 3rd brake light after rear ender thread about Betty’s car. Assorted normal window/door/trunk gasket replacements and cassette radio. Fortunately, has more replacement parts than me!
Cairo94507
I think my 6 is 80% stock: The engine is the biggest non-stock part - 3.2 with Motronic, Ben's full exhaust, converted 6 transaxle to side-shifter, early S front calipers, Bilstein shocks, leather interior, GT front oil cooler w/hard lines and some mods to the gauges. But hey, I love it. wub.gif
DRPHIL914
i went with 60% , modified because although its all stock including interior, other than the bumper back date(its still 914 parts though just not original to a '75) and i have the 5-lug fuchs, but the brakes shocks struts etc all stock too, even my radio is stock , numbers matching original motor and trans and color. so if Michael is 80% but has a 3.2 /6 motor, maybe i am 90% stock with 2 mods. Michael, the motor is a sleeper!
so its a guess, someone else might have a different opinion, but due to the fuchs i always get put in the "custom" class at Okteenerfest. no worries its still all Porsche!!!!!
76-914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 23 2021, 04:27 AM) *

I'm gonna go with 10%.

I believe we are actually on the negative side of that scale. shades.gif
rick 918-S
confused24.gif assimilate.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 23 2021, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 23 2021, 04:27 AM) *

I'm gonna go with 10%.

I believe we are actually on the negative side of that scale. shades.gif

I mean, I havent touched the inner fender wells on the rear, the outer longs, the rear window, the tail light covers, the steering rack itself, the rubber brake lines in the back are stock, and the front and rear hood are relatively stock, and the headlight mechanism is stock...

Everything else though....

So somewhere between 0-10% is stock..

Olympic 914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 23 2021, 10:40 AM) *

i went with 60% , modified because although its all stock including interior, other than the bumper back date(its still 914 parts though just not original to a '75) and i have the 5-lug fuchs, but the brakes shocks struts etc all stock too, even my radio is stock , numbers matching original motor and trans and color. so if Michael is 80% but has a 3.2 /6 motor, maybe i am 90% stock with 2 mods. Michael, the motor is a sleeper!
so its a guess, someone else might have a different opinion, but due to the fuchs i always get put in the "custom" class at Okteenerfest. no worries its still all Porsche!!!!!

I went with 80%

Similar to Dr. Phil's car, as far as engine, 5 bolt, and original color. But because of the Tangerine flares I get put in Modified at Okteenerfest. That's a tough class to be in.
914 Ranch
I voted my car almost perfect because it obviously is. All of the parts in the car are either Original Porsche parts or hand fabricated by me. So of course I know that it's nearly perfect.
Thanks to you too because I know that you totally agree with me.

Click to view attachment

wub.gif
ValcoOscar
Which 914?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

mgp4591
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 23 2021, 01:43 PM) *

Oscar, did you have the orange deleted from your black car with the turbo twisties?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 23 2021, 02:15 PM) *

Oscar, did you have the orange deleted from your black car with the turbo twisties?

Going back to the classic look...Wide Porsche alloys, silver script....done with orange.

my girls convinced me mad.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 23 2021, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 23 2021, 02:15 PM) *

Going back to the classic look...Wide Porsche alloys, silver script....done with orange.

my girls convinced me mad.gif

Aw, I really liked the orange!
Root_Werks
20% for me these days. Years ago it would have been 80%. I like the six conversions and I think if you pretty much leave the rest of the 914 alone, that's about a 20% change from stock? Maybe brake upgrade.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 25 2021, 12:00 PM) *

20% for me these days. Years ago it would have been 80%. I like the six conversions and I think if you pretty much leave the rest of the 914 alone, that's about a 20% change from stock? Maybe brake upgrade.

Unfortunately my personality is that I can never leave well enough alone. I am compelled to improve something. happy11.gif Must be a mental defect.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.