Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Air Dam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
Click to view attachment

Anyone recognize this front air dam in white? I like the look and was curious if it is still made.

Thx.
Mark
wysri9
Probably does not help you much, but coincidentally......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-914-Fron...EYAAOSwYvpgMpCE

smile.gif
Mikey914
Is it this one? If so We have the mold and have been making them. Can do fiberglass or Carbon fiber.
Mikey914
Top pick is high res not the best photo but you can see it better if you click on it.
Zimms
That could be it! Any chance you have a photo of one on a car?
JamesM
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 23 2021, 04:30 PM) *

Is it this one? If so We have the mold and have been making them. Can do fiberglass or Carbon fiber.

Where can we see what all you have in production? Not seeing these on your site and curious what else you might have that I don't know about.

Needing a few things...
Mikey914
Funny,
Made 3 of these to get pictures and listed on the website.
We've sold them. I'll do up a few more and get these listed.
Assuming they don't sell them when I'm out again.
Mark
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 23 2021, 06:40 PM) *

Funny,
Made 3 of these to get pictures and listed on the website.
We've sold them. I'll do up a few more and get these listed.
Assuming they don't sell them when I'm out again.
Mark

Mark,

Any idea on price in Fiberglass and Carbon?
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 23 2021, 03:45 PM) *

Here's a long shot from mine at Sebring this past weekend...Click to view attachment
wndsrfr
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Feb 23 2021, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 23 2021, 03:45 PM) *

Here's a long shot from mine at Sebring this past weekend...Click to view attachment

And another closer one--Note: the discoloration on the bumper and fender is not actually there--it's a figment of your imagination...nothing to see here, move along....Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Feb 23 2021, 08:16 PM) *

And another closer one--Note: the discoloration on the bumper and fender is not actually there--it's a figment of your imagination...nothing to see here, move along....IPB Image

"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Chris914n6
I think that one is AIR and it also comes with brake ducts. Too low for me to use as a daily with a driveway.

QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 23 2021, 11:53 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Anyone recognize this front air dam in white? I like the look and was curious if it is still made.

Thx.
Mark

Mikey914
Well we did pill a sample of one we are working on right now that will have a complete brake cooling kit as an option too!
Steve
It looks like this one without the brake ducts.
https://www.americaninternationalracing.com...th-brake-ducts/
Or this one with oil cooler opening.
https://www.americaninternationalracing.com...e-duct-opening/
Mikey914
The air one is definitely more like the one I posted pics of last.

For this one I can do

Cosmetic carbon fiber (clear) $375
Carbon fiber with black Gel coat $288
Fiberglass in black gel coat $208

When comparing prices also look at shipping
I can ship this to Chicago Il zip 60661 for $40
It's dimensional weight so price is same for all

I just happen to have (in fiberglass) one in a box right now PM me if you want it.
Zimms
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help!

wndsrfr - Nice shot! That is my favorite turn.
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 24 2021, 02:07 PM) *

Well we did pill a sample of one we are working on right now that will have a complete brake cooling kit as an option too!

When will this one be available? Any pictures of it on a car?
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
I can sell the one I have,
I just don't have a car with an oil cooler cut out to mount it to.
Chris914n6
This is a funky shape. It's like a deep LE attached to the bottom of a stock GT round under. Made for a GT flared car too? Was this part of the Sheridan collection?

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 24 2021, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 24 2021, 02:07 PM) *

When will this one be available? Any pictures of it on a car?
Click to view attachment

Mikey914
Maybe,
It may also be from another company that we bought out their molds that did work for the factory racing team. There were even some 911 goodies there too
Here's a before and after to give you an idea of what we have had to do to some of these molds.

And for those of you that know 911s, take a good look at the lid. This isn't an ordinary lid.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 25 2021, 11:54 AM) *

Maybe,
It may also be from another company that we bought out their molds that did work for the factory racing team. There were even some 911 goodies there too
Here's a before and after to give you an idea of what we have had to do to some of these molds.

And for those of you that know 911s, take a good look at the lid. This isn't an ordinary lid.

Looks like a 930 lid beer.gif
When the 76 is closer, I'll need one of those carbon fiber front spoilers.
tomeric914
I recognize that air dam because it's the same one as on my car which can be purchased here:

https://www.americaninternationalracing.com...th-forward-lip/

I had mine molded in black

It looks like they cut a hole out for the cooler similar to what I did.

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 23 2021, 02:53 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thx.
Mark

Mikey914
Actually the AIR one is different in that it would have to be cut and add in a sloped intake.
Mine has the area ready to be cut out with less modification. It looks to be the same as the green car. You can see the slope in the shadow
tomeric914
Not debating that your air dam is the better choice for a front cooler.

The OP's question was "whose dam is it" and it is definitely the AIR International dam at the link in my post. I have a love/hate relationship with the damn dam because it is the tallest one I know of and I hit it on EVERYTHING. I swear I've repaired it about 10 times now. dry.gif

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 26 2021, 09:22 PM) *

Actually the AIR one is different in that it would have to be cut and add in a sloped intake.
Mine has the area ready to be cut out with less modification. It looks to be the same as the green car. You can see the slope in the shadow

Mikey914
I stand corrected.
I saw a little "rib" like the one on my part where there really wasn't one. It looks like the "scoop" is just pushed forward past the fiberglass.
brant
Ha. Front Brake ducts.

I dare people to take actual racing brake temps

Mine by the way were 1500F rear
600 F front

Guess what
All of my front brake cooling ducts are now removed

I went 2 steps softer compound in the front pads
And lowered my front spring rates to get more dive/more weight transfer/more front temps

I would highly recommend checking your actual brake temperature s before thinking of cooling them

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.