Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line fitting to gas tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
growler
Hello I am a newbie of sorts back at trying to put my 914 back together. I am working on the fuel system and have a new gas line from Tangerine installed in tunnel. I have twin carbs so I don’t need a return line. I am going to purchase a new tank but I see that the nuts and supply tubes are no longer available. I don’t have these parts? I am not a big fan of the tank connections anyway and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on alternatives with a new tank?
Jamie
QUOTE(growler @ Feb 23 2021, 12:36 PM) *

Hello I am a newbie of sorts back at trying to put my 914 back together. I am working on the fuel system and have a new gas line from Tangerine installed in tunnel. I have twin carbs so I don’t need a return line. I am going to purchase a new tank but I see that the nuts and supply tubes are no longer available. I don’t have these parts? I am not a big fan of the tank connections anyway and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on alternatives with a new tank?

Wasn't there a recent post that these parts are now available from Auto Atlanta?
mepstein
QUOTE(Jamie @ Feb 23 2021, 03:50 PM) *

Wasn't there a recent post that these parts are now available from Auto Atlanta?

Yes and plenty of used stuff from parted cars.

welcome.png
growler
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 23 2021, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Feb 23 2021, 03:50 PM) *

Yes and plenty of used stuff from parted cars.

welcome.png

Thanks, last time I checked Auto Atlanta they seemed to have the parts I need are on backorder. I will give them a call, maybe backorder isn't forever. Thanks for the help I am sure this won't be the last issue I have to work through.
bdstone914
QUOTE(growler @ Feb 23 2021, 02:36 PM) *

Hello I am a newbie of sorts back at trying to put my 914 back together. I am working on the fuel system and have a new gas line from Tangerine installed in tunnel. I have twin carbs so I don’t need a return line. I am going to purchase a new tank but I see that the nuts and supply tubes are no longer available. I don’t have these parts? I am not a big fan of the tank connections anyway and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on alternativ smoke.gif es with a new tank?

@growler

You can tap the inside of the threaded nipples to 1/4 pipe thread and install an AN 6 x 1/4 pipe and have a better gasketless setup. You will need an external filter.
growler
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 23 2021, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(growler @ Feb 23 2021, 02:36 PM) *

Hello I am a newbie of sorts back at trying to put my 914 back together. I am working on the fuel system and have a new gas line from Tangerine installed in tunnel. I have twin carbs so I don’t need a return line. I am going to purchase a new tank but I see that the nuts and supply tubes are no longer available. I don’t have these parts? I am not a big fan of the tank connections anyway and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on alternativ smoke.gif es with a new tank?

@growler

You can tap the inside of the threaded nipples to 1/4 pipe thread and install an AN 6 x 1/4 pipe and have a better gasketless setup. You will need an external filter.

Hi bdstone914, thanks for the suggestion 1/4" pipe thread that sounds like a great solution. Will get new filter and figure out mounting the fuel pump correctly as it is flailing around right now.I have a late 74 and my fuel pump has a small factory cut out on of front fuel tank divider.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we are in the process of making both fittings and rerunning the two nuts. the fittings will be in stainless and the nuts as they were originally in aluminum. I had asked Chris Foley if he wanted to make them as a compliment to his stainless tunnel line set but said he was way too busy and gave us the go ahead. There are actually three different short pipes, the difference being the delivery line smaller on the 75 76 models
Steve
Claudes Buggies sells an AN fitting that fits our tanks. I just added a 90 degree barb fitting to the fuel line. Very clean.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3288.htm

Also curious... is this the stock one?
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3190.htm
Or this one?
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3189.htm
9146C
I never did this myself, but I was considering this...an aftermarket fuel petcock for a Harley. 22 mm thread with a shut off valve (a nice to have for fuel filter changes).

Just a thought...I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get my fat hand through the inspection port to close the valve in the future! unsure.gif

https://www.billetproofdesign.com/sifton-22...-part-62168-81/
growler
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 24 2021, 05:32 PM) *

Claudes Buggies sells an AN fitting that fits our tanks. I just added a 90 degree barb fitting to the fuel line. Very clean.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3288.htm

Also curious... is this the stock one?
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3190.htm
Or this one?
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3189.htm

Hi thanks for the heads up on tank fittings. This looks perfect for my application.java script:emoticon(':Qarl:','smid_7')
growler
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2021, 11:12 AM) *

yes we are in the process of making both fittings and rerunning the two nuts. the fittings will be in stainless and the nuts as they were originally in aluminum. I had asked Chris Foley if he wanted to make them as a compliment to his stainless tunnel line set but said he was way too busy and gave us the go ahead. There are actually three different short pipes, the difference being the delivery line smaller on the 75 76 models

Hi,Thank you for the update. Sounds like the upgrade to SS should be a game changer in solving problems with this fitting. Hopefully getting new tank next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.