Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I bought it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Well,
I bought a 1974 2.0L from the second owner that had owned it since 1976.
Car is very clean and straight. Has 2 corbeau race seats, simpson harnesses, harness bar
empi 8 spokes, SSIs with Bursch. The interesting part is that he never tracked or AXed the car...was going to do it with son but never got around to it, so it has some of the goodies already there. The car is such a virgin it doesn't even have a factory sway bar.
This is going to be fun. Console with 3 guages.
Chrome bumpers are in great condition, fogs are working. As a matter of fact everything works....wow!
Just needs some TLC to be a great little car.

Will become my street registered track car.
First thing will be suspension mods front and rear.
May do the 911 front brake upgrade available here with the hub still utilizing 4 bolt wheels.

Keep the fenders stock for now with a very serious roll
Second will be interior general clean up with roll bar install along with fire ext.
Last will be the body...the paint is currently a 20 footer. Will probably paint in the winter.
Pics to follow in a few days after I pick it up.

biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
Hurry up with them pics already.....
DanT
Best part of the whole deal is that I get all of the original parts like seats, etc. Also has original owners manual and vinyl folder.
Car had a new fly wheel, clutch, and pressure plate put in about 2K miles ago.

And I got it for $2K laugh.gif
Demick
Congratulations Dan. I know you've been looking for quite a while. Sounds like you got the car for half price!

But I've gotta say it:
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DanT
Give a guy a break.
Pics as soon as I pick the car up. I promise.
grantsfo
Cool another fast person in a 914 in Nor Cal. smilie_pokal.gif 2006 is going to be just great here! I'm off to GGR ground school this weekend so you'll have somone to chase on the track too. Just shield your eyes when I pass you I'm not repainting my ugly mobile for a while as I'm putting all my money into a new powerplant and a rollcage.

What class are you building to? I believe FM has the most competiton now. Bp and Bi is rather sparse currently. Or are you going to bank on the new classification model?
Trekkor
Great news and an even better price...Congrats in a LOUD voice from the rooftops.

Bring it out asap. wink.gif

KT
mskala
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 18 2005, 07:58 PM)
Best part of the whole deal is that I get all of the original parts like seats, etc. Also has original owners manual and vinyl folder.
Car had a new fly wheel, clutch, and pressure plate put in about 2K miles ago.

And I got it for $2K laugh.gif

You sicken me wink.gif
DanT
I will probably build to BP specs to start. I am planning on waiting until after the October rules meeting to see what happens. After that I will start my suspension mods.
Once they have decided on the rules package for next season.
The possible rules change is why I decided to get a virgin instead of the "ready built" BP car I was looking at a couple of weeks ago. This way I can build to whatever rules we adopt to the most advantageous effect for my application.
Once I rebuild the motor I might go to FM, depending on how I do the rebuild.
My next door neighbor is a factory trained Porsche mechanic that owned his own Porsche shop for over 20 years in Campbell, CA. He knows many tricks for a 914 motor that I might want to try. Nothing like having a motor rebuild expert as your neighbor for 21 years.
I am going to be very busy with this build over the off season....I want the car to at least be mechanically (suspension) ready for next years TT and AX season.
boldblue.gif

By the way Grant...what makes you think you will be passing me??? wink.gif
Trekkor
I am planning on waiting until after the October rules meeting to see what happens. After that I will start my suspension mods.

Why wait?
In BP you can run ANY front bar, ANY rear spring rate and any shocks you want.
You can even run ANY DOT tire that is street legal.

FM is motor and tire/wheel stuff...mainly.

KT
seanery

cool_shades.gif
tat2dphreak
agree.gif

it's been 12 hours and still no pics?!?! WTF?!

DanT
Geez,
you guys are rough.
At least let me take physical possession of the car.
I won't have it until Wednesday at the earliest...I will post pics as soon as it gets home.
You won't be disappointed. cool.gif
DanT
Sorry about the delay.
Won't be able to pick up car until Saturday. I will post pics on Saturday.
It will be worth the wait.
I am anxious too, but the current owner is not able to release car to me until this Sat. am. biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
Dan, slight hijack, but where can I find the info. on the 911 brake upgrade/4-bolt hubs? I have been searching and can't find anything.
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 18 2005, 08:23 PM)

By the way Grant...what makes you think you will be passing me??? wink.gif

I have black trunk lids. Everyone knows cars with black trunks go faster biggrin.gif

Demick
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jul 21 2005, 08:22 AM)
Dan, slight hijack, but where can I find the info. on the 911 brake upgrade/4-bolt hubs? I have been searching and can't find anything.

Jim

Press the 'club store' tab at the top of the page.

Demick
Porsche Rescue
Duh! Thanks Demick. I have been searching "billet hubs" in every category known to man! Never looked at the tabs on top before!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.