Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evil Overland Adventure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
They got's a long way to go
And a short time to get there
They're gonna do what they say can't be done....

Blog Day 1.

Noel Fell asleep 1 hour into the drive.

"Hey, let's talk about something"

"There's nothing to talk about..."

When they Finally pulled into Winslow, AZ, there was no room at the Inn, so they had to sleep in a manger. Errr a mangy truck cab....

Blog Day 2

Virtually no sleep last night between Noel's snoring and the bugs.

With a few rest stops, made it to Oklahoma City at 4am.

Blog Day 3

Some Jerkoff (red-beard) keeps calling the damn cellphone...

Yeah, It's 11AM, and we're just getting out of bed.

Running through West Memphis. Uh, is this still Arkansas?

ThinAir
QUOTE (Red-Beard @ Jul 18 2005, 08:07 PM)
When they Finally pulled into Winslow, AZ, there was no room at the Inn, so they had to sleep in a manger. Errr a mangy truck cab....

There was a bed offered for them here in Flagstaff. I was kinda hoping they might stop in.
Red-Beard
Day/ Night 3 they made it Knoxville, at 6AM and checked into a hotel...

I'm seriously beginning to believe that my bestest buddy is in fact a vampire....
devil.gif icon12.gif stones.gif vampire.gif

Day 4

Drove to Richmond, starting around 3-4 in the afternoon. Arrived around Midnight.

Day 5

Unloaded Sonya's stuff and drove up to Hershey.

Where the Heck is ScottB? And his phone number doesn't work? And Noel can't lift the engine...

So they had dinner instead.

Calling all 914 owners in the Hershey/Harrisburg area. Dr. Evil needs help unloading.....No charge admission to the chamber of whorrorerrs...."Bruuuuuhahahahahahahha!" happy11.gif

cool_shades.gif

Let me be the first to say....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

So we all know what this means.....

party.gif

in Hershey!!!

burnout.gif
Dr Evil
Dangit, Ernie! I totally forgot. Talk about a 'Duh!' I had my buddy, the 2nd year med student, help me unload so the truck is now gone. I am stuck with driving my bike around and it is raining on and off biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif And, last night my head light plug melted and caused my headlight to shut off biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif What a fun ride home biggrin.gif In the dark biggrin.gif with the threat of deer surrounding us wacko.gif

I can not take pics as I had to return the camera that I was using. I may look into getting another camera if; A. I can afford it. Moving is expensive. Maybe I should start a DR Evil camera fund for the 914 members that want pics? B. I can find my electrical stuff to fix my damn headlight plig dry.gif
wilchek
the wife and I are going to try and make it out on sunday for lunch. We are about an one hour away near Reading PA. Let me know if you need me to bring any part or tools along to fix your wiring. I hate moving, it takes me months to get situated and figure out where all my stuff is.
Dr Evil
Thanks Wil,
I went to my local Napa and bought yet another crimper and some lugs ($8). Now I will surely find my other one biggrin.gif All is fixed and I am going to head over to something called a 'wine and spirits' store huh.gif I bet I find lots of inexpensive CA wines sad.gif dry.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jul 22 2005, 06:12 PM)
... I bet I find lots of inexpensive CA wines...

i bet you don't find *anything* inexpensive at a State Store ...

they do, however, still have some *good* California wines.
most PA State Store managers (that we have dealt with...) are pretty clueless *but* they do try to please and will try to get you what you want. so a gradual process of education is necessary...
if you see something you like at a reasonable price, you have to reward them by buying it; you can't expect them to restock stuff that doesn't sell.
scottb
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 22 2005, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jul 22 2005, 06:12 PM)
... I bet I find lots of inexpensive CA wines...

i bet you don't find *anything* inexpensive at a State Store ...

they do, however, still have some *good* California wines.
most PA State Store managers (that we have dealt with...) are pretty clueless *but* they do try to please and will try to get you what you want. so a gradual process of education is necessary...
if you see something you like at a reasonable price, you have to reward them by buying it; you can't expect them to restock stuff that doesn't sell.

kinda like here in montgomery county md. all alcohol is regulated by the county meaning every store has the same prices.

now if i pop on over to frederick county, it's a whole different oprah there... screwy.gif buy what you want, when you want and the free market determines the price (correct me if i am mistaken fredrickians). ahhhhh, capitalism and beer... beer.gif

redshift
QUOTE (Red-Beard @ Jul 18 2005, 11:07 PM)
Virtually no sleep last night between Noel's snoring and

Oh, nevermind... she snores..

laugh.gif

M
Red-Beard
Camera on the way....

"SMILE"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.