Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Porsche 914-6 numbers matching $80,000. CL/SF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
9144me2enjoy
No affiliation, I ran across this listing for a 1970 Porsche 914-6 - $80,000 (fairfield / vacaville) listed in the SF/CL. 1970 Porsche 914-6, 5 speed, matching numbers, nice glass out repaint, Forrest Green, 56000 original miles, original interior with new carpet, have the original carpet, not bad just aged, have the COA confirming matching #'s, investment grade quality car! $80000.
(916) 996-9008.Click to view attachment
dhuckabay
Been listed for a long time. Looks nice, wonder what the problem is.
PaulFV8
based on the notes in VIN list it was wrecked
Cairo94507
This has been around for a bit. It looks to be a very nice 6. The reality is that almost all of these cars have suffered damage of some sort over their 50 years of life. The question is were they repaired correctly? Are all of the VIN stamps still present w/no evidence of someone monkeying with them? Do they have photos and documents to document all of the repairs and how it was done? But if all of that checks out, this may be a smokin' price. beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
That looks like it hurt. Wonder if they did a front clip or straightened everything.....
rick 918-S
Still amazes me that guys seem to freak over collision damage repairs but go gaga over cars that have had 90% of their sheet metal replaced due to massive rust reconstruction confused24.gif
Cairo94507
I agree Rick. I think the issue is seeing the work that was done. If it is well documented so people can see the actual complete repair process, and can know it was done to factory (or better) standards, it's all good. But the ones that just reappear looking repaired, with title to no documentation leave open questions as to how it was done. I mean they are now 50 years old.... there are going to be dents, dings and mishaps along the way. beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 5 2021, 06:21 AM) *

I agree Rick. I think the issue is seeing the work that was done. If it is well documented so people can see the actual complete repair process, and can know it was done to factory (or better) standards, it's all good. But the ones that just reappear looking repaired, with title to no documentation leave open questions as to how it was done. I mean they are now 50 years old.... there are going to be dents, dings and mishaps along the way. beerchug.gif

+1 I was more concerned with the lack of transparency.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.