Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 Engine running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden

I have installed 2056 cylinders and pistons and the engine is back in the car, (standard 2.0 MPS). It fired up straight away and I an planning on going out for a drive tomorrow.

Whats the procedure for running in the engine and is there anything I need to watch out for?

Thanks in advance
Bleyseng
You mean to seat in the rings? 20 to 50 then down to 20 then up to 50 in say 3rd gear to load the rings on acceleration and deceleration. Change the oil after 250 miles. You didn’t change the cam right?
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 27 2021, 05:03 PM) *

You mean to seat in the rings? 20 to 50 then down to 20 then up to 50 in say 3rd gear to load the rings on acceleration and deceleration. Change the oil after 250 miles. You didn’t change the cam right?

Thanks for the help, (no I didn't change the cam). I drove the car today and it ran like a dream so much better than the stock engine (GC with the dished pistons).
It seems ok with the stock MPS (rebuilt by Jeff Bowlsby a few years back), is there anything else I need to think about before I take the car on a long run?
Bleyseng
Watch the oil temps....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.