Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New un mounted 914/6 heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
budge96
Hello I have an as new set of stock heat exchangers for sale I believe they may be
Dansk but I'm not certain without examining thoroughly .
They are at my friends shop but I will be able to get them by mid week .
$2500 plus shipping current Pelican Dansk pice $1795 per side
Should be able to post pics by weds , Thanks Bert
ecrobinson1726@msn.com

** I must edit this thread and offer .. turns out these are Porsche original not Dansk I’ll post photos if possible there are a few small scratches but still unmounted the revised
Price is $3000 plus shipping ***
Sorry for any confusion not meant to mislead but was unsure of what they actually were.Click to view attachment
Jett
Interested, and would love to see pics.

Thanks
budge96
Should be able to post by mid week , I'm in DC this weekend their in California ...
thanks Bert
pete000
Sounds like a great buy !
budge96
Post has been edited and pricing revised see original post
thanks Bert
Jett
The updated price is reasonable but I am not educated enough to know the differences. How did you determine that they were original Porsche, is there a part number to reference? Also do you have other pictures?

Thanks!

PS I am building a clone 6 and a Porsche part like this should go on a real 6. ...
budge96
Thanks for the inquiry I’m more knowledgeable with 911 parts, the shop where my car is being worked on the owner Ed Palmer has one if not the first customer factory GT in the shop presently.. also a few others that have NOS GT factory parts .
He was good enough to examine the exchangers for me this afternoon when I went to
retrieve them .
Dansk would definetly have markings numbers associated with there brand of course
the originals are heavier seeming have no markings at all that we could see .
He suggested they were worth twice what I originally believed.
mb911
These are worth your asking for sure. They look oem. I could never figure out the dansk price structure as they are silly money and better alternatives much cheaper.

These being OEM make them a no brainer.
Jett
Thanks for the confirmation everyone. I will take them Bert. Shipping to 98033. PM me.

Cheers!
porbmw
Hmm
Not sure.
They DO look nice, in very good shape
They just don't look NOS...but rather painted over
Seems to be pitting on the exhaust pipes that appears typical of used ones
and metal on the exchanger(s), where the pipes meet, seem to have very marginal rust degradation
And then dents...that could..could...be shelf wear.

BUT
They ARE nice!
johnhora
agree.gif

Very Nice set but don't think NOS

Jett
Sorry for the delay but can you add few more pictures of the opposite side and flanges? Thanks!
budge96
Click to view attachment
budge96
Click to view attachment
sbsix
The Dansk HEs do not come with the cable clips pictured on each HE, at least they did not on the ones I ordered from Stoddard a few years back. They look like original six heat exchangers to me. If they are OE and in great, as new condition, they would be worth far more than your asking price.
sbsix
Dansk HEs for the 914-6. Notice that there are no cable clips.
sbsix
Also run a straight edge over the the exhaust flanges to make sure they are level with each other, for each exchanger.
sbsix
Ran two bottom pix, here’s the top view.
Jett
@budge96 The items look like they are in good shape but not NOS, so I am going to pass. Hopefully someone with a real 6 will need these.
budge96
No problem I didn’t say NOS I said new unmounted the exchangers have four contingent buyers so thanks for admitting they’re not for you ..
Bert
Jett
QUOTE(budge96 @ Mar 4 2021, 08:51 AM) *

No problem I didn’t say NOS I said new unmounted the exchangers have four contingent buyers so thanks for admitting they’re not for you ..
Bert

Thanks Bert, although I see no difference between New and NOS, I appreciate that you have another buyer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.