Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0 FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ebradley
Hi
I have a 1974 2.0 all original in excellent shape. 1 of my injectors is leaking. I think it’s from the rubber connector to fuel rail. Are these easy to take off? Should I unplug the electrical component?
Thanks for all your advice
Enrique
ndfrigi
if you want to remove the injector with the fuel rail, you need to remove the electrical plug. 1 screw each injector to pull out the injectors.

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Carefully cut the ferrule off and remove the hose. Then a new hose elbow can be used with proper FI connectors.
Ebradley
Should I change all rubber parts as well? Thanks fellas for the advice
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ebradley @ Feb 28 2021, 02:52 PM) *

Unknown history I'd replace every fuel hose on the car with SAE 30R9 or higher. This is a hose that is FI and E-15 rated.

Edit plus use the correct FI hose clamps.
Ebradley
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 28 2021, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Ebradley @ Feb 28 2021, 02:52 PM) *

Unknown history I'd replace every fuel hose on the car with SAE 30R9 or higher. This is a hose that is FI and E-15 rated.

Edit plus use the correct FI hose clamps.

Thanks. I’m the 3rd owner and previous owner replaces all fuel lines, etc. I was wondering if I need to change out the fuel injector rubber seals if I take it out
pete000
Send them to RC injectors in Torrance CA and have them cleaned and rebuilt. It's well worth it, not too expensive and you will get full dyno test results for before and after.
Ebradley
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 28 2021, 04:40 PM) *

Send them to RC injectors in Torrance CA and have them cleaned and rebuilt. It's well worth it, not too expensive and you will get full dyno test results for before and after.

Thanks
Bleyseng
I change the fuel lines every 3-4 years on my cars. Including the injector little hose pieces. Its chesp and takes a couple hrs along with cleaning parts. Change the injector nose O ring too but not the big O ring
Ebradley
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 28 2021, 05:48 PM) *

I change the fuel lines every 3-4 years on my cars. Including the injector little hose pieces. Its chesp and takes a couple hrs along with cleaning parts. Change the injector nose O ring too but not the big O ring

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.