Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Longitude repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ed11181
Well I screwed up. When I installed the reinforcements on the longitudes. I still have flex. See photos. The down arrow shows opening when sitting on all four wheels. The up arrows show opening when car is on four chassis jacks. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Post some pics of the longs and the repairs ...
idea.gif
Superhawk996
Longs aren't the only structure that matters. Especially for torsional twisting.

Rear bulkhead lower section is also a box section formed from an outer panel and an inner panel. This structure connects the rear of the longitudinals to each other side to side. If this is compromised, you'll lose a lot of torsional stiffness at the rear end of the car.

Likewise the transtion from the front of the door hinge area to the cowl is another box section that ties the front of the longitudinals to the front bulkhead.

Like SirAndy said, need pictures of what was or wasn't done.
mate914
I think the inner long under battery tray and behind passenger seat are flexing.
Seeing how things still move you can adjust door gap.
Matt
Tdskip
That door gap looks kind of wide, no?
VaccaRabite
There really is no way we can help much with just one picture and no understanding of what long reinforcements means, how much of your car is still there, if you braced or not while welding (I'm guessing not looking at your door gaps BTDT), etc. Did you just put clamshells over rusty metal and call it day? What all got done. Post lots of pics and be descriptive.

Zach

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.