Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UhOh............
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
uhoh
I just ran out last week and bought another snowbird's mid engine garage car........
40K miles 6 speed perfect paint (Basalt Metalic Black over tan full leather) and good service records.

beerchug.gif
mepstein
Looks great. Congrats beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Good find! There are such crazy good deals to be had on Boxsters these days. Even some of the early Cayman's are becoming good deals.
PanelBilly
So hats your plans? Will it just be another driver or are you going to flip it. It would make a nice addition to the selection of rental cars on Turo. I’m headed to AZ next month and am looking for a fun rental aktion035.gif
flyer86d
Nice looking Boxster! I know you will enjoy it.

Charlie
ValcoOscar
Congrats Forrest! aktion035.gif

We miss you here in So Cal

O
930cabman
Nice looking ride and value also. I was considering a Boxter but ended up with a 914 rustout. Where did I go wrong?
bkrantz
Looks like one I owned, except I had a gray interior. Enjoy!
Coondog
Girls car........ driving-girl.gif
https://youtu.be/BDvPeBGFVZw
ndfrigi
Time for Forrest to drive here in SoCal to test drive his new boxster and join us this coming saturday drive.
Shivers
Very nice
Big Len
Perfect for Arizona. Best of luck w it.
VegasRacer

Better than a Miata. lol-2.gif

Congrats Forest. beerchug.gif Nice car. smilie_pokal.gif You're gonna love it. driving.gif
914_teener
Uh oh is right...

Once in the seat they are hard to beat. I.m partial to the hardtop versions of course.

Enjoy it Forrest......as I.ve said before...these mid engine cars will be classics if not already.

I grew up in Tempe and flogged a 914 I couldn't afford over the lovely mountain roads out there. It was the perfect place for it. I remember complaining about the heat but really I had no idea how lucky I was.

A couple years ago I visited Phoenix again and rented a guy's Boxster S. Another time we rented a BMW touring bike, which I guess is also a two-passenger mid-engined, horizontally opposed, topless vehicle... with about as much trunk space as the Boxster S.

I miss the big open skies, the Mexican food, the sounds of the desert at night. I don't think my wife would go for it though.
914_teener
89 to the 10 through Peoples Valley and then Iron Springs road into the Bradshaw Mountains....long radius curves where the harder you step into the apex the car just sits down and hugs the road.....almost as good as it gets...almost better than sex.

Talk to your wife.

Drive the car Forrest....hope to see you sometime.

Thought PCA is having a Treffen in Central Az into Prescott....May I think.
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 2 2021, 12:11 AM) *

How do you guys all find the time to do this stuff? Between running my business and helping homeschool my daughters, I don't know when I'd be able to learn how to fix my car and get out on the open road again.
Tdskip
Congratulations, such a handsome car.
forrestkhaag
Thanks Much Pals. I have already put 500 miles on it and haven't left the valley here in Scottsdale and nearby.

It is a very solid ride / one that is somewhat safer than my 914 due to real headlights, crazy good brakes, and with a 7500 redline, plenty of pulling power in all gears.

I will catch up with the crew in it or the 6 sometime when the plague is plucked.

beerchug.gif
mbseto
Nice. I'm putting some serious thought into getting one of these. It's got to be one of the best bangs-for-the-buck in the sports car market these days.
bkrantz
QUOTE(98101 @ Mar 2 2021, 01:51 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 2 2021, 12:11 AM) *

How do you guys all find the time to do this stuff? Between running my business and helping homeschool my daughters, I don't know when I'd be able to learn how to fix my car and get out on the open road again.

I sold my kids and gave up paying the bills. Works for a little while.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 2 2021, 08:43 PM) *

I sold my kids and gave up paying the bills. Works for a little while.

How much did you get for the kids? lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.