Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB 123ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
timothy_nd28
Group Buy ending in less than 1 week!

I have heard nothing but great things about this aftermarket distributor. I won't be part or this group buy, because I already purchased one a few weeks ago for my Ljet. While speaking with Ed at 123ignition, I told him that it might be good time to set up a group buy for the month of March, to help get our 914's running better for summer driving driving.gif

Ed told me: 1-5 people will get 5% off. 6-10 people, would be 10% off. 11+ people, is 10% off and free shipping within the US. Pretty sure Ed said that if we get 1000 people, he would fly out to each of our houses and personally install the new dizzy himself! (kidding)

Group Buy 3/1/2021 thru 3/31/2021

Coupon code: 914world21
Please order using this site: 123ignitionusa.com

I borrowed some links from the last group buy (thanks Rob)! Ed mentioned that the Djet version dizzy still does not have the bluetooth function.

* Newest bluetooth model for D-jet

1. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.
2. Hardcoded advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.
3. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with output for D-Jet This is the unit to choose for stock D-Jet users.
4. Custom bluetooth tunable advance curves with vacuum, with bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. This is the best unit for carbs, L-Jet, aftermarket FI
5. Custom laptop tunable advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.

This group buy will also apply for other engines such as the 911 six cylinders.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZ2xj6SAfI
burlybryan
Great job setting this up. Been planning on upgrading from my 20 year old MSD. I'll be in.
Morph914
Rats!!! I just purchased one last month. Oh well, win some, loose some.
Looking forward to getting it installed here very soon.

Cheers,
John

Click to view attachment
mb911
I bought this setup last year for my -6 and hope to put some miles on it this year. I have to also play with curves but its pretty cool setup.
VaccaRabite
I have set these up on a 914 before. Its easy and they work really well.

I don't have one on my 914 since I am crank fired. But I do have one for my 2002.

I highly recommend getting one. I've not seem them on 1.8 cars, but I have set them up for DJet motors and carbed cars.

Zach
BillC
@timothy_nd28

Thank you very much for setting this up! I've been planning to get one of these for my "new" 914 -- put one on my previous 914, and was very happy with it.

How are the discounts going to work? After the sixth person orders, do the first five get a refund/credit? Or, is Ed going to hold all the orders until the end of the month and just charge the appropriate amount at that time?
Sycolyst
Perfect timing...I'm in. I was planning to purchase in the next two weeks so the timing is good. Going with the carbureted bluetooth version for my 2056 build.
timothy_nd28
Great question, I'm somewhat fuzzy on how Ed will handle these discounts. I reached out to him, hopefully he chimes in soon.
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(BillC @ Mar 1 2021, 08:20 PM) *

@timothy_nd28

Thank you very much for setting this up! I've been planning to get one of these for my "new" 914 -- put one on my previous 914, and was very happy with it.

How are the discounts going to work? After the sixth person orders, do the first five get a refund/credit? Or, is Ed going to hold all the orders until the end of the month and just charge the appropriate amount at that time?

Unlike the last GB, for this one, orders will be shipped on a first come first serve basis.
The first six will be refunded when number hits 6 and the code will be changed to reflect 10% discount. If the GB hits 10 then the free shipping will kick in and refunds will be issued. All went well the last time. I try to be as transparent as possible. Thanks for your support.
I would like to mention that the PC programmable units are few only because of demand being so low. So if any order the TUNE it will no doubt be a wait.
That is not the case with the Bluetooth TUNE+ or the switched models including the D-Jet.
Ed
Robarabian
I have one for my 4 and one for the pending 6. Anyone done a thread from start to finish setup? Or is it that easy this is a dumb question? (I have not opened the packages yet)
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Mar 2 2021, 08:23 AM) *

I have one for my 4 and one for the pending 6. Anyone done a thread from start to finish setup? Or is it that easy this is a dumb question? (I have not opened the packages yet)

I don't think it's all that bad, however I haven't done mine yet either. I think the most difficult part would be finding TDC on the impeller and or pushing the distributor down. From what I have read is that the dizzy's Oring may fight you. Overall, it should be somewhat easy.
Rand
We have been through this. I think it's pretty clear the 123 is superior.
Do we have to go through this again?

Better yet, show us. SHOW US your better curves.

Your awesomeness here:

72914wrx
I’m in !
Highland
Just wondering if the 123 ignition might help with a hunting idle?

Looking for any actual experience with a 2.0 d jet configuration.

I know it's somewhat of a crap shoot, but if I buy one I want to make sure I'm not totally going in the wrong direction.
StratPlayer
I will be selling my 123 dizzy for a DJet soon. Installing a modern EFI shortly, will have a lot of D Jet parts to offer
mate914
What happens if you have the bluetooth+ and you use the immobilizer to lock your $80000 car and you loose(stolen) your phone? Is there a backup way of unlocking it?
Can the vacuum be disabled if not wanted?
Matt
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(mate914 @ Mar 8 2021, 09:08 AM) *

What happens if you have the bluetooth+ and you use the immobilizer to lock your $80000 car and you loose(stolen) your phone? Is there a backup way of unlocking it?
Can the vacuum be disabled if not wanted?
Matt

Hi Matt
Both good questions.
For question one follow the reset instructions.
To Reset:
- Shut down the Apps on all devices! and disable Bluetooth on phone and tablet. (very important)
- Shut off the ignition key
- Connect the black wire of the ignition to the red wire ( + of the coil ), At this point there is no power on the Red/Black wire.
- Turn ON the ignition key ( red and black wire are both powered by 12 Volt now ) Note: this can take as much as 30 seconds. Don't hurry it.

- The blue LED will flash for about 10 seconds.
- After the reset procedure is finished the blue LED will turn constantly ON.
- Turn OFF the ignition key, and wire everything back to normal.
- Now the code is 1234.

- This will reset the unit but not delete the stored curve.

As for number 2 simply don't hook it up or zero it out. No vacuum = no signal to energize the circuitry
Ed
timothy_nd28
icon_bump.gif
Another two weeks left in this group buy, so far three folks have pulled the trigger.
123ignitionusa
Don't forget to use coupon code 914world21
tyfighter123
Just ordered one. Thanks
123ignitionusa
New release - Programmable Bluetooth with D-Jet outputs

Click this link123ignitionusa available 4/1/21
orthobiz
One time I looked and saw two detailed YouTube videos on installing in a 914...IN DUTCH!!

Anybody translate it yet?

Paul
timothy_nd28
agree.gif I concluded that most 914 people are camera shy which might explain the lack of installation videos for this product.

I recently found out that there is a web site called Cameo, to where you can pay celebrities to speak. I thought it might be fun to do a 123 dizzy installation video, and have either Gordon Ramsay or Adam Savage from mythbusters providing the instructional voice over. biggrin.gif

Hi Paul bye1.gif
timothy_nd28
Updated post one to include the new Djet bluetooth version. beerchug.gif
pete000
I installed a blue tooth version in my 74 1.8 L-Jet and it worked awesome. It is way easy to install and program. Car runs like it never did before. I am going to jump in on this group buy and pick one up for my six. Thanks for setting it up !
timothy_nd28
I bought the bluetooth version for my Ljet, and will get around to installing it very soon hopefully. I may need to pick your brain on what program you used in a few weeks!

If you do buy one for your six, that would make you number 5 in the group buy. Just one more for the 10% discount piratenanner.gif
dax1969
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 17 2021, 05:48 PM) *

One time I looked and saw two detailed YouTube videos on installing in a 914...IN DUTCH!!

Paul

that's not dutch but German

Just installed mine and the guy who made the youtube videos did a good job

krgds
Dax
dax1969
Damn...just bought a 123 ignition for my 74 2.0 djet last friday. Checked all websites (vendors and the manufacturer) and at that time there was no tune+ with bluetooth availaible for my car.

Two days ago the tune+ with bluetooth all of sudden appeared on the website of the manufacturer (and still not on the vendors website).

Damn if I knew this ... I even spoke with the seller before buying....

Not amused

Click to view attachment

greeting from Belgium, neighbouring country of The Netherlands... home of the 123 ignition manufacturer sad.gif

UPDATE : had contact with the manufacturer and they confirmed that their local dealers were not informed yet .... buggers

dax
jhynesrockmtn
I'm contemplating two of these. I have a stock 1970 1.7. In looking at the website it mentions the 123 distributor does work with EFI systems that need a trigger from the distributor. I am a relative newbie but I thought the 1.7 Djet was triggered by points on the distributor?

The other car I have is a 6cyl GT clone that I'm prepping for vintage racing. The motor was built using a factor 2 liter 914-6 case, 2.2 pistons and cylinders with a longer stroke 2.4 crank for higher compression, weber 46's. It is currently running an electro motive crank fire which most vintage race orgs frown on. Would this be a good replacement for that system for a vintage race car? The engine is out so now is the time to do this. I'm assuming the blue tooth version would give me the most programming flexibility and ease. Anyone with experience with this application?

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

CMONNETT
Has anyone else had a problem with these 123's cutting out? I bought one for D-Jet on the first group buy to install when I finished my 2056 build. The thing didn't even last 1000mi. I finally just put the stock dizzy back in, and the car hasn't given me an issue since.

Thanks,

Chris
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 12:08 PM) *

Has anyone else had a problem with these 123's cutting out? I bought one for D-Jet on the first group buy to install when I finished my 2056 build. The thing didn't even last 1000mi. I finally just put the stock dizzy back in, and the car hasn't given me an issue since.

Thanks,

Chris

Sounds like a faulty unit. I'd send it back.

Zach
rjames
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 09:08 AM) *

Thanks,

Chris

What were the symptoms, or did it just completely stop working one day?
Morrie
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 1 2021, 09:42 PM) *

Unlike the last GB, for this one, orders will be shipped on a first come first serve basis.
The first six will be refunded when number hits 6 and the code will be changed to reflect 10% discount. If the GB hits 10 then the free shipping will kick in and refunds will be issued. All went well the last time. I try to be as transparent as possible. Thanks for your support.
I would like to mention that the PC programmable units are few only because of demand being so low. So if any order the TUNE it will no doubt be a wait.
That is not the case with the Bluetooth TUNE+ or the switched models including the D-Jet.
Ed

Hi Ed,

Order placed!

How many orders so far? Hoping we get more than 10- looks like you hit the 6 threshold already. This is my second one. I have already replaced my D-Jet with the old style 123 (no BT) and love it. This one is going to be the BT version for non D-Jet for my 68 912.
CMONNETT
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 19 2021, 12:35 PM) *

Thanks,

Chris

At first it started with a real faint stumble, then the car would just start bucking real bad and finally died on the hwy. Had it towed home, and the thing fired up like nothing once it got off the truck. It was the first time I have ever had to tow the car in the 20yrs of ownership. It drove fine for a few days and started acting up again, swapped out the dizzy on the side of the road, and it's been fine since. I would send it back, but was told it's only a one year warranty.
123ignitionusa
Hey Guys we are at 5. From here forward 10% discount. If we hit 10 shipping will be refunded.

Hope this helps
Ed
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 04:00 PM) *

Thanks,

Chris

At first it started with a real faint stumble, then the car would just start bucking real bad and finally died on the hwy. Had it towed home, and the thing fired up like nothing once it got off the truck. It was the first time I have ever had to tow the car in the 20yrs of ownership. It drove fine for a few days and started acting up again, swapped out the dizzy on the side of the road, and it's been fine since. I would send it back, but was told it's only a one year warranty.

If you want to send it in to me I can check it out. Let you know what is wrong and give you an estimate to fix.

Hope this helps
Ed
CMONNETT
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 19 2021, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 04:00 PM) *

Thanks,

Chris

If you want to send it in to me I can check it out. Let you know what is wrong and give you an estimate to fix.

Hope this helps
Ed

That would be great! Thanks
warpig
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Mar 1 2021, 05:19 PM) *

Rats!!! I just purchased one last month. Oh well, win some, loose some.
Looking forward to getting it installed here very soon.

Cheers,
John

Click to view attachment

Me too. Haven't even opened it yet. shades.gif
So much for stockpiling parts. slap.gif
Everyone should pay me a little $ to buy stuff so it will go on sale. idea.gif
DRPHIL914
what would be the advantage of having the blue tooth programmable version for d-jet vs my current one ? i have had the 123 for a few years, running strong no issues. i use the vac setting with i think is curve b. so it’s a pain t have to change the curve setting manually, i gues thst would be the advantage? it’s tempting!!
so 10% discount? if anyone wants a non-blue tooth version, mine has 2 years and less than 2500 miles on it, still mint like new(like the rest of my car) i would sell it for $100 off new thats a 20% savings- pm if interested.
75914-L20C
I just ordered a bluetooth unit for my '75 L-jet. I got a 10% discount so the group buy is in the 6 - 10 range!
123ignitionusa
Click this link Instructional Videos
or click here for additional programming lessons. Lessons although the lessons are on the TUNE program the basic ideas apply to the Bluetooth.

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Mar 19 2021, 04:29 AM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 17 2021, 05:48 PM) *

Paul

that's not dutch but German

Just installed mine and the guy who made the youtube videos did a good job

krgds
Dax

pete000
Just ordered mine. Thanks for setting this up!
burlybryan
Order placed for D-Jet with BT
BillJ
oh man -JUST finished my 2056 and have the 123 non-BT. Timing is everything
pstank
Ordered L-Jet option! Super excited for this upgrade. Thanks for setting this up!!
timothy_nd28
One Week Left!
And we definitely hit the quota for the 10% off discount! piratenanner.gif
Morrie
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Mar 24 2021, 10:54 AM) *

One Week Left!
And we definitely hit the quota for the 10% off discount! piratenanner.gif

Looks like possibly 9 ordered so far from folks commenting!
Samuelrocky
Just ordered today 3-24-21.
123ignitionusa
Thanks for your patronage. Orders are now at 11.

All refunds including shipping to the USA will be processed after the close of the Group Buy.
Orders that are not in stock like the Bluetooth D-Jet models should be here and shipped out by April 20th.
TJB/914
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 24 2021, 03:33 PM) *

Thanks for your patronage. Orders are now at 11.

All refunds including shipping to the USA will be processed after the close of the Group Buy.
Orders that are not in stock like the Bluetooth D-Jet models should be here and shipped out by April 20th.

123Guy?

Wondering:
Can my older style 123ignition still in the box be re-programed with Bluetooth?? If sent back to you??

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.