I've been plugging away at my 914 suby (H6) conversion for about a year now. I was ready to fabricate my own cradle when Ian at Coldwater 914 got back up and running. I am pretty lucky as Ian lives about 25 minutes from me in Idaho. I went over and met Ian, who is a super nice guy and a very accomplished welder who has been fabricating for many years. I checked out his latest cradle modification and was very impressed. As you may already know, this design accommodates the H4 and H6 with the ability to adjust where the engine sits on the cradle along with the ability to independently drop the tranny if needed (detachable rear cradle section). The price is very reasonable when you factor in the fabricating trial and error, along with all the R&R of the engine and trans during that process. It also takes care of concerns I had of me overheating the metal while welding or having welds that wouldn't penetrate as far as they should. This latest model is also much beefier for those concerned about the heavier H6 application. We are lucky to have Coldwater 914 as an option. So just thought I would give my two cents if anyone was wondering on what to do about their conversion cradle.
Click to view attachment