Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 custom commissioned oil paintining
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
I was going to wait til I have the finished product to share here, but I'm too giddy.

I came across this artist because of this post on reddit. She's a young woman out of Slovenia and her oil paintings are photo-realistic and stunning, IMO. I started following her Instagram and noticed that her commission rates are pretty reasonable for such a nice piece of art.

I messaged her and asked if she'd ever done a Porsche 914 (no) or would like to (yes). So I reserved my spot in line and sent her some photos of my car.

Well, today I noticed that her Instagram story includes a shot of a palette with a lot of yellow in it and I asked: Yep, she's starting on my commission. I'm not sure how much she'll share of the work-in-progress but wanted to put it out there in case anyone wants to follow.

Oh, and I warned her that I would share her info on our forum and she might get a lot more requests for 914s.
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif popcorn[1].gif piratenanner.gif popcorn[1].gif piratenanner.gif popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
I like it beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
Wow -- to both!
flipb
She completed my 914 painting and sent me a low-res photo of it. It needs to dry for a few more days before it's shipped so for now this is all I've got.

Click to view attachment
jd74914
Wow, she's good and that portrait looks great!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 8 2021, 07:25 AM) *

She completed my 914 painting and sent me a low-res photo of it. It needs to dry for a few more days before it's shipped so for now this is all I've got.

Click to view attachment

first.gif

PanelBilly
It’s missing you smiling in the drivers seat
mbseto
That's really cool!
Cairo94507
That is very nice. beerchug.gif
bkrantz
Just curious: why have the headlights up?
MM1
Nice!-acrylic?
flipb
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 9 2021, 09:51 PM) *

Just curious: why have the headlights up?

I snapped photos in a few different configurations and told her I kind of like that look. My only minor regret was the photo she ended up using for reference still had the targa top on... a setting like the one pictured should be for al fresco motoring.
barefoot
Good stuff I'm sure you're very pleased smile.gif

Barefoot
rgalla9146
That is fantastic !
Most artistic images of a car miss the details and proportion.
She nailed it.
Beautiful.
PS I often drive with my lights up....they look just beautiful either way.
flipb
It arrived today!! Looks great. Here's a higher resolution photo.

And here's a link to the artist's website.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 19 2021, 12:34 PM) *

It arrived today!! Looks great. Here's a higher resolution photo.

And here's a link to the artist's website.

Click to view attachment

Oh thats Niiiiiice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.