Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laguna Seca pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Retroracer
Here are a couple of pics from my first track day in the GT tribute; thought I'd share with other 914World folks.

This was mid-Feb this year and the track was soaked in the morning, but dried out around midday. Social Distancing was well handled, so no concerns there. Was great fun, plus nothing important fell off the car(!), and the suspension / handling set up (on Falken street tires) felt neutral and predictable; brakes didn't fade either! A Good Day Out.

Photos credit: GotBlueMilk

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

mlindner
Great looking car Tony. Best, Mark
ValcoOscar
Awesome Tony

My vote for PHOTOS OF THE DAY first.gif

beerchug.gif

O
wes
Good looking car, looks at home on the track.
Root_Werks
Looks like a fun day! Nice pictures.
Dion
Beautiful car. Like the action shots. Must have been a blast.
jim_hoyland
Cool pic and beautiful 914 smile.gif
infraredcalvin
I’m a bit inspired and a bit jealous! I’ll be back on track soon! Great color and great shots!
horizontally-opposed
Killer car, great pics!
MM1
Yep - nice car- nice pics!
JamesJ
Thanks for sharing Tony. Looks like a lot of fun! Nice to see the car in person a few weeks ago.
Krieger
Awesome! aktion035.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 4 2021, 04:07 AM) *

Awesome Tony

My vote for PHOTOS OF THE DAY first.gif

beerchug.gif

O

agree.gif SWEET!.. .
campbellcj
Agree - your car is awesome as is Laguna Seca! I can't wait to drive there again sometime. My one and only event there was way back in 2014 already. (Luckily I can kinda get a Laguna fix via iRacing/simulator.)

My 914 can only run there on a 105dbA or higher sound day which are few and far between. Did you have any sound police issues?
tygaboy
Hey, I know that driver and his car!
Awesome to see you driving your car in anger, @Retroracer Tony.
Good on ya'!
Retroracer
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Mar 5 2021, 06:52 AM) *

Agree - your car is awesome as is Laguna Seca! I can't wait to drive there again sometime. My one and only event there was way back in 2014 already. (Luckily I can kinda get a Laguna fix via iRacing/simulator.)

My 914 can only run there on a 105dbA or higher sound day which are few and far between. Did you have any sound police issues?

Thx; and yes, I agree its a pretty special place.

I was concerned about the dreaded sound monitoring (they pull you if your car is too loud), and this was a "90dB" day. So thats a pretty onerous spec for some cars. My car has a mildly tweaked 2.2T motor, with headers and a sports Dansk muffler (single outlet).

But no problems all day. On the first session, five other cars were pulled in ("meatballed", as the flag is sometimes described) for noise - some with stock exhausts! Think it helps that the outlet points away from the mic position (just after turn 5, actually close to where the second pic was taken from).

- Tony
Shivers
What a great day. Nice ride
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.