Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right Rear Outter Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
My first 914 after 45 years of waiting. A 74 that came to me before PO was going to put in a V8. Good shape mostly. A little sag on the passenger that you can see move when you jack -but not terrible.

I have all the sheet metal repair panels, Brad's kit, and a new MIG welder ready to go. Through the lovely New England winter, I've read post after post, scanned picture after picture.

I've seen in some cases where folks put in the new panel (inner wheel well) to repair the damage around the hell hole -fine, got that. I've also seen where some remove the outer suspension console (with the three bolts), put the panel in and then (carefully) reattach the outer console (using jigs).

I trying to determine whether to cut the inner wheel well to go around the console or to just pull the console and go for it. How do you know the condition if you don't pull it? Only want ot do this once -not getting any younger.

This was a summer car used in Vermont.

Thanks in advance.
Mikey914
Pictures will tell the story. It can be a major job. Really depends how far down the long it went
You are in the right place welcome.png
Boothy
Yup, you're right. Worth a thousand words. I'll open her up and take some shots this weekend. Thanks!
mbseto
Google "USB Endoscope", it's a fiber optic camera that can plug into your phone and you can get them for $20, takes pics and video. Awesome tool, great bang for the buck. You can find or make a tiny hole in the long and run that camera in as far as you need to.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.