Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
Does the seal that runs between the rear glass and the engine lid run the full length or just the length of the lid?
It doesn’t seem to fit into the channel at the ends Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
full length, also looks like the engine lid to grill welting is missing, and the lid should be painted flat black under the grill portion
StarBear
Rear window defroster. Haven’t seen many of them, BWDIK.
dt4
Thanks George
It’s not going to sit into the channel on the ends so I will start by removing a couple of inches of the internal structure from the seal and see if it will tuck in with that removed
Mikey914
The reason is usually there is crud that gets painted over for just builds up on the ends. This is one of the reasons we made it so the internal material can be removed. The OEM has metal comolded into the seal, not so easy to make accommodations. But in fairness it was designed to be installed when the car was new.
Mikey914
Nice progress by the way
dt4
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 6 2021, 05:50 PM) *

The reason is usually there is crud that gets painted over for just builds up on the ends. This is one of the reasons we made it so the internal material can be removed. The OEM has metal comolded into the seal, not so easy to make accommodations. But in fairness it was designed to be installed when the car was new.

Agreed Mark, if I had known that a seal went in there I would have ensured it fitted before painting the car

I only realised there was a seal fitted when looking through 914rubber

just getting round to fitting all the stuff that arrived from you at Christmas time
Mikey914
Enjoy
It looks like you are in the homestretch now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.