Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Garage And QuickJack Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Quick Jack 3000 is two years old and has worked beautifully until this morning. Because the pump motor is very heavy I have always stored it on my harbor freight lift table. Went out into the garage today and discovered it’s blown a seal and all the hydraulic fluid has spilled out across the garage floor. Just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else where the fluid dumped out with the machine totally off? Don’t know where it’s leaking yet since all I’ve done today is clean up oil.

And what do I use to clean the garage floor?
mepstein
I cleaned my garage floor with dawn soap, a broom and a pressure washer. It came out great but obviously requires you to completely empty the garage.

For spot cleaning, I would use a short bristle brush, wet, scrub with dawn, wet and suck up with a wet/dry vac.
robkammer
Can't help with the Quickjack issue but I've found that a string mop and a hot mix of water and Simple Green and a wet vac work well. Soak the area with the mop and stir it around a bit then vac it up. Keeps the water in the area.
I have a pressure washer and deck head but I think t uses too much water and makes a mess unless I've emptied the shop.
Beebo Kanelle
To clean the oil, I've had luck sprinkling dry laundry detergent over the heavy spots. Using a stiff broom, absorb as much of the pooling oil as possible, Then I spray it down with water and, use to broom again, followed by Dawn or equivalent wherever necessary then blow it down with high pressure water and let it dry.

Insofar as your hydraulic pump is concerned I'd check the make and model of the pump itself and contact the local supplier - I'm sure they have a pump reseal package.

Gook luck!
mb911
Top secret.. poor gas on it then scrub then dawn dish soap.. works great.
bretth
Not sure about hydraulic oil but cat litter is always great to clean up motor oil.
PlaysWithCars
agree.gif

Cat litter is a great start, even to get the stuff out that soaked in. Get the cheap clay based litter and grind it into the concrete with your foot. Let it sit for at least a day then sweep it up. Amazing how much it will pick up. The key though is to grind into a finer powder so it gets into the texture of the concrete instead of just sitting on top.

RE: the QuickJack leak. I've had mine for 6+ years and haven't had a problem yet. Not sure how you're using it, but I was sure to never leave it with pressure in the system; always down or using the locks and let the pressure off.
jvmarino
I have found using a spray can of brake cleaner a good way to clean oil/grease spots off a concrete floor. Spray on the spot and wipe with a paper towel.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(PlaysWithCars @ Mar 8 2021, 12:11 AM) *

agree.gif

Cat litter is a great start, even to get the stuff out that soaked in. Get the cheap clay based litter and grind it into the concrete with your foot. Let it sit for at least a day then sweep it up. Amazing how much it will pick up. The key though is to grind into a finer powder so it gets into the texture of the concrete instead of just sitting on top.

RE: the QuickJack leak. I've had mine for 6+ years and haven't had a problem yet. Not sure how you're using it, but I was sure to never leave it with pressure in the system; always down or using the locks and let the pressure off.

Cat littler works OK, but don't let it get wet with water or mix with coolant, you will track thick sticky clay everywhere. I know coolant shouldn't be an issue, but many work on their water pumpers as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.