Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket Fuch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
CaptainCrunch
Curious about the wheels on this 914. Are these an aftermarket copy (look oddly more 3D than should)?

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer...14/2450003.html

Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(CaptainCrunch @ Mar 6 2021, 12:20 PM) *

Curious about the wheels on this 914. Are these an aftermarket copy (look oddly more 3D than should)?

Doesn't say anything about 5 lug conversion and they look funky, my guess is they are hubcaps.
Retroracer
They are likely aftermarket "deep six" copies. If you get on eBay and search for "Detailed Porsche Fuchs Wheels" you can see similar sets offered for sale. Am a bit surprised at the price TBH; thought they'd be cheaper.

As a general thing, aftermarket Fuch copies only have the outer surface of the petals polished; the sides of the petals typically still have the rough cast finish and are painted black. The real ones have a smooth finish on the outers, but also down the sides of the petals. And, no casting marks or "grain" on the sides, as they are forged, not cast. FYI,

- Tony
CaptainCrunch
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Mar 6 2021, 07:52 PM) *

They are likely aftermarket "deep six" copies. If you get on eBay and search for "Detailed Porsche Fuchs Wheels" you can see similar sets offered for sale. Am a bit surprised at the price TBH; thought they'd be cheaper.

As a general thing, aftermarket Fuch copies only have the outer surface of the petals polished; the sides of the petals typically still have the rough cast finish and are painted black. The real ones have a smooth finish on the outers, but also down the sides of the petals. And, no casting marks or "grain" on the sides, as they are forged, not cast. FYI,

- Tony

Thanks. Relative to regular Fuch wheels, don’t care for the look of these.
Jonathan Livesay
Sure looks better with these wheels. Looks like it's 4 lug too.Click to view attachment
soccerplyr
I think they are photoshopped into the pictures. Look at the reflection on the floor, the wheels are differentClick to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(soccerplyr @ Mar 7 2021, 08:22 PM) *

I think they are photoshopped into the pictures. Look at the reflection on the floor, the wheels are differentClick to view attachment

Wow - great catch!
CaptainCrunch
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Mar 7 2021, 10:36 PM) *

Wow - great catch!

That is wild! Certainly makes this dealer look questionable
Retroracer

Excellent catch!! That does explain why there are no lug nuts either....

- Tony
ValcoOscar

Great detective skills @soccerplyr , wary of this dealer

O
zoomCat
"Under contract law, a plaintiff can recover compensatory damages against a defendant when a court finds that the defendant has committed fraudulent misrepresentation. Courts will typically find that a defendant has committed fraudulent misrepresentation when six factors have been met:
1) a representation was made
2) the representation was false 
3) that when made, the defendant knew that the representation was false or that the defendant made the statement recklessly without knowledge of its truth
4) that the fraudulent misrepresentation was made with the intention that the plaintiff rely on it
5) that the plaintiff did rely on the fraudulent misrepresentation
6) that the plaintiff suffered harm as a result of the fraudulent misrepresentation"

Here's the law.

I'm just saying.
Jonathan Livesay

Probably just a misunderstanding. dry.gif
flat4guy
Maybe the floor is photoshopped. haha
flyer86d
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Mar 9 2021, 03:14 PM) *

Probably just a misunderstanding. dry.gif

What it is vs what it wants to be!

Charlie
ndfrigi
saw the youtube video of this car.

https://youtu.be/NnLKHwUFdIs
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 10 2021, 11:46 PM) *

Why can't people turn their phone the other way - drives me crazy . . .
Love how he talks about not slamming the door but he'll pop the engine lid without the rain tray and let it tweek the crap out of the hinges.

Interesting he seems to have no idea about the 5 vs 4 lugs . . .
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Mar 11 2021, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 10 2021, 11:46 PM) *

Why can't people turn their phone the other way - drives me crazy . . .
Love how he talks about not slamming the door but he'll pop the engine lid without the rain tray and let it tweek the crap out of the hinges.

Interesting he seems to have no idea about the 5 vs 4 lugs . . .

Actually it's got the rain tray and it still shot up like that, they must have turbocharged those springs. Having seen the video my guess is maybe five lug adapters? Those wheels seem to have a lot of offset to the inside. Not sure about those pictures then, maybe easier to photoshop the wheels than to take more pictures?
rhodyguy
Plus, the spokes look like they are 4"+ thick. dry.gif The orange at the front bumper is a nice touch. Someone will get fleeced on this sale.
EJ1970914/6
QUOTE(CaptainCrunch @ Mar 6 2021, 03:20 PM) *

If its one wheel or 2, 3, or 4 is always Fuchs with the s on the end.
Otto Fuchs.
With that said a very odd ad and funny to see the reflection of original 4 lug wheels and then with a 5 lug Fuchs put on car weird to say the least. With that said the Fuchs do look aftermarket or at least restored in a funky way that is incorrect.

era vulgaris
QUOTE(CaptainCrunch @ Mar 6 2021, 03:20 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.