Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 1 Euro Mahle Piston for 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche735
Please help me. I am trying to rebuild my 914 2.0L and found that 1 of my pistons is broken. I need 1 Mahle Euro Piston for a 2.0L (94mm=93.97mm). I have a Kobleschmit that I can trade (it won't do me any good) as I bought it from someone thinking it was a Mahle. I have included pictures of the difference between a Mahle- printed on the inside top of the piston, and a Kobelschmit- printed with KS on the inside skirt of the piston. They are the very shallow dished variety (almost unnoticeable). Thank you very much for the help and bandwidth. I live in Los Altos and would gladly pick it up from anywhere in the bay area.
porsche735
Here is the Kobleschmidt. This is what I don't want..... devil.gif
porsche735
Her is what a Euro Top looks like. Notice that there is not a highly defineable dish to the top.
2teeners
I think I have one I can give you if you don't find one locally. I'm in Tx. I'll check the number stampings tomorrow.

cool.gif
Brad Roberts
2teeners..

My wife is in North Texas right now (Working in Addison, but staying in Keller) She could pick this up from you and hand deliver it to Chris or I today (Thursday). I would have her print this post off and check the pistons. She could carry it on the plane with her. It would save a whole a bunch of people a whole bunch of hassle. This reminds me.. I should check with Rich Johnson and Wes Hildreth while she is there....

Let me know quickly. She leaves DFW airport tonight at 9pm.

B
porsche735
Bumping to the first page... smash.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(porsche735 @ Feb 6 2003, 04:56 PM)
Ich habbe eine schnauzer en meinen hosen!

now what the heck is that supposed to mean? huh.gif
are you talking mustache or dog here?

right syntax would be:

Ich habe einen Schnauzer in meiner Hose!

smile.gif
2teeners
sorry, I missed out on all the posts and emails. My dsl connection at work where the piston is went off (Directvinternet-bankrupt) and I tried for over an hour to get on my dialup (AT&T) with no luck. Dialup Internet sucks!

Anyway, my shop is in Midlothian, 45 min from DFW. I think I can ship Priority Mail for 4or 5 bucks and you'll have it Monday. But I've got your phone no. and will call you this morning so I can get it shipped first thing today.

wavey.gif
porsche735
Thanks a lot 2teeners!!!! I owe you the same beer Brad still hasn't collected on...
Brad Roberts
Scary. He lives in Midlothian. I lived in Mansfield right off of 287+157.

B
2teeners
No Brad, it's scarier than that. I work in Midlothian huh.gif , but I live in Grand Prairie, Great Southwest and Forum Drive, near Traders Village ohmy.gif . I understand you used to build 914's at the Grand Prairie Airport, right. I think I used to see one of your cars parked outside, visible from GSW Parkway. Unless, of course, your shop was at the Naval Airstation instead.

Small world, Isn't it cool.gif
2teeners
Oh, I forgot to mention, I sent the piston Priority mail today, they said it would arrive Tues or Wed. I enjoyed our chat Chris, and glad to contribute to your racing project. Let us know how the performance coating works out. beer.gif

And I still have no internet connection at work hanged.gif
porsche735
Still looking for a EURO piston. The one that 2teener sent me arrived today and is a standard compression piston. Can't use it. Thanks anyway 2teener.

So, is there anyone else that has a Mahle EURO piston? Please, I am starting to go crazy now...

Chris
2teeners
ahh, your kidding me! But the numbers matched and some like it were sold to me as "euros". Doh! Sorry man, I thought there were what you needed.

If that piston with a 56cc 2.0 head makes only 7.6 cr, how much dish is in a real "euro". I'd heard it was about 6cc.

It means all my engine plans are kapoot.
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

did you try www.mittelmotor.de ?

cheers,

jeroen
Mueller
Two different Euro pistons....I think the original Euro piston had a slight dish to them....now the standard Euro is flat top

I purchased flat top Euro P/C's for about 300 bucks last year...the company is in San Francisco (asian company)
porsche735
Jeroen,
porsche735
Jeroen,
How long does it take to get the parts from Germany (mittlemotor)? I need something ASAP. I assume they only sell Euro pistons????

Mike,
I have seen what you talk about, but the dish is only about 1mm deep. The one 2teener sent me is more like 2mm and the circle is about 70mm across. I calculate the ccs to be 6.5 so the 5cc may be close. I already hae a complete set of these pistons and cylinders I took out (American spec).

2teener,
No problem man, you tried. Thanks for getting it maild off so quickly. had it been right, I would be golden... By the way, I pushed the wrist pin through the Euro and the one you sent me and the tops do line up so the dish is a reduction in compression.

Anyone,
Please help. I can trade anyone a standard piston, Kolbenschmidt or my third born for one. Please help...

Chris confused24.gif
2teeners
still wondering why the numbers are the same
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

You should be able to get it pretty quick (if they have 'em in stock)

E-mail or call them, they speak English just fine

I'd help you, but I dunno shit 'bout cilinders, and I don't like the chance to order you something you don't want...

cheers,

Jeroen
Alfred
QUOTE(porsche735 @ Feb 10 2003, 08:49 PM)
Jeroen,
How long does it take to get the parts from Germany (mittlemotor)?  I need something ASAP.  I assume they only sell Euro pistons????

Mike,
I have seen what you talk about, but the dish is only about 1mm deep.  The one 2teener sent me is more like 2mm and the circle is about 70mm across.  I calculate the ccs to be 6.5 so the 5cc may be close.  I already hae a complete set of these pistons and cylinders I took out (American spec).

2teener,
No problem man, you tried.  Thanks for getting it maild off so quickly.  had it been right, I would be golden...  By the way, I pushed the wrist pin through the Euro and the one you sent me and the tops do line up so the dish is a reduction in compression.

Anyone,
Please help.  I can trade anyone a standard piston, Kolbenschmidt or my third born for one.  Please help...

Chris  :confused:

Have you tried here http://www.pap-parts.com/store/products.asp?dept=1327 ? If you add the Euro piston to your basket, you will see that it has part number 039 198 075 which, I believe, is the same part number Pelican Parts shows for their 8:1 Euro pistons (I tried to double-check this fact but the PP web-site was down at the time I posted this).

Alfred
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.