Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED light conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pcdarks
I found this site that has all of the lights necessary to convert all to LED. The prices look good. For those of you that have done this what Color and Kelvin did you find worked well for the different applications? https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/197...1&year=1972

Brake light
Back up light
parking light
rear turn signal light
instrument panel light bulb (What color?) How many?
Generator,oil, brake light bulb (color? are they the same as instrument light?)
For future reference if this turns out to be productive it might make a good sticky.
Coondog
That’s all great, but if your not using spokeworksled.com/914-led-solutions
For all your outside 914 lights your just selling yourself short.
pcdarks
QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 7 2021, 10:47 AM) *

That’s all great, but if your not using spokeworksled.com/914-led-solutions
For all your outside 914 lights your just selling yourself short.

For those of us that don't want to pay $50per light but rather $10 for the same effect the site I specified is much better. I converted my 57 Chevy to these kind of lights and they work great.Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(pcdarks @ Mar 7 2021, 11:28 AM) *

I found this site that has all of the lights necessary to convert all to LED. The prices look good. For those of you that have done this what Color and Kelvin did you find worked well for the different applications? https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/197...1&year=1972

Brake light
Back up light
parking light
rear turn signal light
instrument panel light bulb (What color?) How many?
Generator,oil, brake light bulb (color? are they the same as instrument light?)
For future reference if this turns out to be productive it might make a good sticky.

@pcparks
Do not do the generator light. The charging system will not work.
VaccaRabite
Couple things:

I have used SuperbriteLED years ago for my dash lights and they are still going strong and are brighter then stock.

I use Spokes boards for my brake, reverse, and turn signals. Spokes boards are a LOT brighter then stock and I want my little car to be seen. I have no doubt that the lights at SuperBrite will work, but they will not work as well as Spoke’s system. Also, when you buy from Spoke you are buying and supporting a member of this forum who will work with you to make custom stuff for your car, and has helped many of us sort out electrical issues that we could not have solved ourselves. I agree with above, if you go cheap on your external lights it is a false economy.

Good luck which ever way you go.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.