Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door jam plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
I am in the process of putting new carpeting in and after mocking up the old plates that have to be reinstalled, I realized that I have to redrill the holes for the screws that hold them in. The PO installed the inner longs reinforcement kit, and in doing so covered the old holes.
It appears after looking at many pictures that all the holes line up with the long cover holes, which are still there.
My question is what size should I drill these holes, and what size are the screws? They might have to be a bit longer since going through an additional layer of steel.

Thanks in advance,
John

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
They came rivited, but if you use screws, get #6x 5/8"self drilling, self tappers
seanpaulmc
I have a 2/73 car and it used white rivets in the aluminum scuff plate. You can see it here it here in this thread - link to thread for door sill plate

Morph914
Thank you, I think I have the rivets come to think of it. That would probably be the easiest.
I do know the carpet strip uses screws, but I can’t seem to find them.

Cheers,
John
rgalla9146
You can choose to leave those holes empty.
When the outer plastic rivets are installed
and the inner seal is in place I think you'll barely see the holes.
The door seal presses on the sill trim plate.
I have reinforced longs as well.
bkrantz
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Mar 7 2021, 05:57 PM) *

Thank you, I think I have the rivets come to think of it. That would probably be the easiest.
I do know the carpet strip uses screws, but I can’t seem to find them.

Cheers,
John

I think the original screws were 3.5x19 oval head.
Mikey914
Carpet sills screw down the larger scuff plate used push rivets.
Got them right here
https://914rubber.com/expansion-rivets-black-or-clear

Also have new plates and sills if you want them too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.