Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTS - Le Mans Seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I'd like to see a better picture of it installed in a 914 than what's in the ad in the resource area.

Doug C
olav
I have one installed.

For s picture you can click on my 'clog' link in my sig and see it.

It's about 3/4 the way down the page...

beerchug.gif
anthony
See you Concorso Olav. I'll be driving the 911.
DougC
Looks good! Was this something that was in stock or did you have to wait for it to be made. BTW, I want to do what you did and only have the GTS seat on the driver's side. I can only aford one, if at all and I hardly ever have passengers along - besides maybe a car seat.

Doug C
olav
QUOTE (DougC @ Jul 19 2005, 10:30 AM)
Looks good! Was this something that was in stock or did you have to wait for it to be made. BTW, I want to do what you did and only have the GTS seat on the driver's side. I can only aford one, if at all and I hardly ever have passengers along - besides maybe a car seat.

Doug C

Stephan had it in stock. I think I was lucky though.

I don't know how tall you are but you might want them to reduce the padding a bit if you are over 6'.

Just because the seat seems to put you forward and higher in the car. I had to change my steering wheel out so my knees wouldn't hit it. (I was just lookig for a reason smile.gif ) I could drive it fine still with the stock steering wheel just a little tight.

No need for the passenger to have the seat smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
Here's mine.

DougC
Yes, very nice.. would either of you guys have a picture of it viewed from the other side. I'd like to see a shot from the passenger's door, including the backpad for the passenger's seat if possible. I have a '73 but am now thinking of back dating the backpad if I go this route.

Doug C
olav
QUOTE (anthony @ Jul 19 2005, 10:28 AM)
See you Concorso Olav. I'll be driving the 911.

I'll be looking for ya!

smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
I have one on order from Camp 914. I tried a "loaner" on the 2000-mile round trip to WCC '05 and it was far more comfortable than the factory seat. It fits the early back pad perfectly. I am 5' 11" and have stock wheel. No problem with leg or head clearance. Can't say how it would be with a helmet.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (DougC @ Jul 19 2005, 11:02 AM)
Yes, very nice.. would either of you guys have a picture of it viewed from the other side. I'd like to see a shot from the passenger's door, including the backpad for the passenger's seat if possible. I have a '73 but am now thinking of back dating the backpad if I go this route.

Doug C

I'll get you a picture tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.